PRS Tuner

Don’t have one. Is it sacrilegious if I use the tuner on my I phone?
One person's sacrilege is another's worship. I don't even know what all my smart phone does...'cept for really getting my goat now and then, but you go right ahead.
I only use a tuner if I have a guitar that is waaaay off and I can't tune it by ear. I'm kinda set in my ways that way....just how they learned me back when. Us Celts are a stubborn bunch....

I'm not having any battery issues. I had a charge last a month with daily home use. My bigger issue is the swivel for the head unit. It's very loose and now rattles and flops around while attached and playing.

I'm going to have to pop it open to see about tightening it up somehow. 6 weeks later to behave like decades old tuner is disappointing.
I had the same swivel issue as well. Solved it with dental floss. The Oral B waxed tape kind. wrapped a bunch around and around between the base of the swivel and the tuner unit until it restored the friction. Works like a charm now. I left a little bit exposed in case I need to replace the floss at some point,

Last edited:
One person's sacrilege is another's worship. I don't even know what all my smart phone does...'cept for really getting my goat now and then, but you go right ahead.
I only use a tuner if I have a guitar that is waaaay off and I can't tune it by ear. I'm kinda set in my ways that way....just how they learned me back when. Us Celts are a stubborn bunch....
I have an app on my smart phone it’s called GuitarTuna. I use it constantly. It’s FREE. Just go to the App Store and get it. It’s one thing less for me to forget after packing up when your rehearsing. I have left cables behind, a box ofmy favourite picks etc. I just bring the basics now. I used to even cart around my gigantic archaic pedal board. Just got to be too much. It got to be exhausting getting off the train and then walking with all this F$CKING gear 1/2 hr to practice. It was exhausting. And once I bought my Marshall with me. That was a nightmare!! Can you say #^%%¥ it? Lol

Last edited:
I have an app on my smart phone it’s called GuitarTuna. I use it constantly. It’s FREE. Just go to the App Store and get it. It’s one thing less for me to forget after packing up when your rehearsing. I have left cables behind, a box ofmy favourite picks etc. I just bring the basics now. I used to even cart around my gigantic archaic pedal board. Just got to be too much. It got to be exhausting getting off the train and then walking with all this F$CKING gear 1/2 hr to practice. It was exhausting. And once I bought my Marshall with me. That was a nightmare!! Can you say #^%%¥ it? Lol
Totally get the hassles of any gear to be lugged around. We hauled music gear for our old garage band in my van and that was bad enough. Plus we were in our late teens and full of pi$$ and vinegar with excitement to just be playing. Can't imagine lugging that amp and other gear on a transit train! I gripe about hauling up a couple guitars from the basement to go out and jam with my friends.

Sad part is, it’s the one PRS product that put me off so much I even refused to try any other rechargeable tuner. By the time I got over that, I had nixed every device that isn’t USB-C. Haven’t found any that charge with C yet. Awaiting the next round.

Sad part is, it’s the one PRS product that put me off so much I even refused to try any other rechargeable tuner. By the time I got over that, I had nixed every device that isn’t USB-C. Haven’t found any that charge with C yet. Awaiting the next round.

I think the new Snark may be USB-C. I picked one up for my mother - I'll have to check it this weekend when I'm up there.

And yeah, the initial PRS tuner I had didn't hold a charge at all, but the new one holds for a long time. Not that I use it every day - let's be real, sometimes being out of tune makes me sound better.

ETA: Based on what I've seen online, the new Snark is NOT USB-C. But I'll still check.

Last edited:
Back