PRS Tremonti SE Custom - Humbucker / Trembucker

Kevin Bogues

First Post!
Awaiting the arrival of my first PRS a 2016 Tremonti SE custom.

I'm very excited to join the PRS community, after playing a few I know my first upgrade will be pickups.

I'm hoping to order some in advance of its arrival so was hoping for some community support, if i'm ordering a Seymour Duncan JB or SH-6 bridge pickup, should I order a standard humbucker or a f-spaced trembucker?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to being a active member of this community!

Consider a USA made Mira pickup. I put one in the bridge of my Tremonti SE Custom and it's killer. Also has a coil tap. I was underwhelmed when I put a JB Duncan in. Sounded too thin. YMMV.

Howdy.

I'd hold off on pickups until you get the guitar and do a considerable amount of playing through your rig. That way you'll have done a proper evaluation and if you don't like what you hear you can choose replacements that help improve the areas you want to change. You'll be more likely to get the swap right the first time (or maybe not swap at all).

You don't need a trembucker, but some people like the wider pole spacing. Either is fine.

Just FYI, when I put a covered wide-spaced Seymour Duncan in my CE 24, I had to modify the PRS pickup ring with a file to accommodate the larger pickup.

Congrats on the guitar!
I just picked one up a few weeks ago . It's really amazing just the way it is . I'd give the stock pickups a chance . Mine sounds great stock !

Back