PRS Tremolo System and tuning issues.

All my trem guitars have 4 springs but that really doesn't change how you take trem off.

I'm trying to like the wing tuners on my last ce purchase.

All my trem guitars have 4 springs but that really doesn't change how you take trem off.

I'm trying to like the wing tuners on my last ce purchase.

If you don't like those winged tuners and want to just unload the guitar, feel free to drop me a line... :evil:

John Mann is a Master luthierie designer and more; he is an accessible and kind person who will help you. Your problem will be resolved with him going after it. Remember that some PRS trems are his "babies." He answers his own phone!

Keep the Phase I tuners ? Like , for vintage value you mean ? Good idea. Hadn't thought of that....

You are absolutely right. He did answer his own phone and we had a very good chat about the issue. I felt comfortable right off the bat and my PRS Custom 24 is in transit as we speak for repair.....

Never had a tuning issue with Strat style vibrato systems. I've always floated them, and found the way to stay in tune is to give them a serious back-and-forth shake between songs. You still have to retune every three songs or so anyway, but doing that minimizes the problem.

I!m going to remove a spring from my 408 vibrato arm. It's ok as is, but I like it to a bit less stiff.

1988 PRS tailpiece

Got my guitar back from John Mann last week and the notes drifting sharp issue has been fixed. After some hours bending , stretching, and just playing I haven't had the problem resurface. Yahoooo......
It took a replacement tailpiece ( the 2000 NOS) to fix since the wear on the 27 year old part was too much to repair. Action on the vibrato is a bit stiffer since this one has 4 springs instead of 3.
Replaced the wing nut tuners with Phase II and I like the action better (it is smoother), and overall, Guitar Vault was a great experience. The shipping process was made pretty painless as John furnished a Shipping label that included full insurance at a better price than I could have gotten.
Thanks for all the feedback and info.

Rock On.

Glad to hear John took such good care of you, but it`s no surprise to anyone who has read this forum.

Back