PRS Tommy Emmanuel Prototype

geese_com

GJ is The Way
So I stumbled across this when browsing through Reverb:

https://reverb.com/item/3341878-paul-reed-smith-prototype-15-2007-owned-by-tommy-emmanuel

qlsnxgn1qxuuosz8azcu.jpg

It would have been awesome if PRS would have been able to get Tommy Emmanuel to play and endorse PRS acoustics.

One can only dream....

Too right! Tommy has his own signature Maton and I don't see him leaving Maton since they're also Australian and he's been with them for so long. Pretty sure his main guitar is one he's had for quite some time so he's probably not even in the market for something "new".

I got initially vexed reading the listing, it looked like Tommy had been given a guitar from PRSh and was now selling it for quite a few $. Then I read this:

"All proceeds from your purchase will go to Guitars For Vets, MusiCares, and Doctors Without Borders."

and got all warm inside...

The headstock design threw me. PRS doesn't innovate much in that department. Beautiful guitar.

Yeah, Paul's known for giving away guitars to musos he likes, in the hope that he can swing them over to PRS.

Of course as we all know, guitar brand & style is a very individual thing; some of us like a certain scale length, some a certain look or sound, or it can just be the feel or vibe.
Some like a certain guitar because of who plays it.

I don't think Tommy will ever move on from Maton unless they get sold to one of the bigger makers, but at least he's loyal, likes & plays the guitars, whereas some artists happily take an endorsement then play their customised gear.

Great that sale of the guitar went to a good cause though.

Regardless of all that, by looks the buyer got a great instrument whether they choose to play it or keep it for an investment.
I know which I'd be doing.

That would have been a very cool guitar to own!

"We are listing this as Excellent condition (not Mint) because there are some noticeable finish blemishes on the side of the guitar (see pics). We're guessing someone's button or zipper rubbed repeatedly while playing."

I quite like that headstock. It goes well with the acoustic body.

Back