PRS... The view from above....

aristotle

Was on my way back from a meeting up north, flying myself. Since the weather was severe clear around these parts, I was flying VFR. Arriving into the Baltimore area (my home base is Tipton Airport about half way between DC and Baltimore) from the north when VFR, you're funneled into a gate just over top of the PRS factory. Snapped a couple of quick pics from my phone on the way back into the controlled airspace.

PRSFactory1_zps3d960eda.jpg

PRSFactory2_zps1b6ca972.jpg

It occurred to me that if it were this time last year, the parking lots would be jammed and the area outside of the factory would have been full of tents... In any case, it was a cool view...

PRS... Guitars made on a really neat little island in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay.
Great photos!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;167590 said:
Tell us about your airplane!

Well, since you asked :)

WWD_zps0fb998e0.jpg

1961 Piper Comanche. The pic above was taken yesterday morning in Cape May (we stopped for breakfast there on the way to a meeting in NYC...)

Flying up the Hudson...

Flying is my "other" hobby / passion / what I do when I should be doing something else. Counter intuitively, it's actually less expensive than this guitar / amp thing...

Last edited by a moderator:
You should have set it down on Log Canoe Circle and stopped in to say "Hi"

Ha....I'm sure that'd go over well.... Bay Bridge airport on the other hand is very convenient (you can see the runway on the right hand side of the top photo just across route 50) So, next time somebody complains about driving across the bay bridge to the factory from Annapolis, I can always pick you up at Lee airport for the 3 minute flight :laugh:

The Sheriff's Department flies a gyro-plane out of the Bay Bridge airport. Since it is silver and has no roof, it appears to be a see through helicopter from the ground.
gyro.jpg

And in case anyone was wondering, this is the PRS factory (circled in red)
PRSFactory1_zps3d960eda.jpg

Last edited:
That's cool looking. Those things always look to me like a few dozen parts ready to arrive at the crash scene at roughly the same time, but they're probably a ton of fun to fly.

Beautiful Kent Island, Maryland. Thanks for the pics. I'm not a flyer, but I take my boat around the area all the time. :)

Great pics! REALLY wish I was there, getting my drink on & listening to some kick a$$ tones/tunes.

Back