PRS Tech Center Hours/Reception ?

dysmantle

I've called the tech center. I purchased a PRS and it was missing some small accessories. One of them being the tremelo arm.

I purchased the guitar via musiciansfriend and i'm getting the run around for a replacement since my order did not ship with it. I have 2 PRS dealers close to me and neither
carry that tremolo arm ACC-XXXX. I have an ACC-4015 that i bought to see if it was a direct replacement and its not. I need a different part#.

Has anyone else experienced missing parts with their guitar? I don't think getting a replacement should be this much trouble.

If you purchased a US made PRS, ACC-4015 is the correct arm. How does it not work for yours? Did you adjust the set screw in the trem to hold the trem arm in place?

I just bought one of these for my 2002 CE and it worked perfectly.

Just for reference, I am pretty sure they will not replace the accessories as it is the dealers responsibility. Had this issue occur with a 25th CU24 I bought, and after trying PRS to get replacements, I wound up having to order everything from the PRS store.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
If you purchased a new guitar from an authorized dealer and you are missing the trem arm, truss rod wrench or any other part which should have been delivered with the guitar, you should contact your dealer and have them replace the parts for you. The guitar shipped to the dealer with the trem arm, the guitar should be delivered to you with a trem arm.

If you purchased a new guitar from an authorized dealer and you are missing the trem arm, truss rod wrench or any other part which should have been delivered with the guitar, you should contact your dealer and have them replace the parts for you. The guitar shipped to the dealer with the trem arm, the guitar should be delivered to you with a trem arm.

Shawn, I agree. I just need a darn tremolo arm before this weekend. MusiciansFriend basically said ... (NO ETA) on a new one... and no status update on my ticket. They said if i can find one in the mean time they would credit the cost i have to spend to replace it. I have a SE custom 24 made overseas. Can I order the correct tremelo bar from the online store?

Shawn, I agree. I just need a darn tremolo arm before this weekend. MusiciansFriend basically said ... (NO ETA) on a new one... and no status update on my ticket. They said if i can find one in the mean time they would credit the cost i have to spend to replace it. I have a SE custom 24 made overseas. Can I order the correct tremelo bar from the online store?
Chris Swope to the white courtesy phone... Chris Swope.

I'm on my phone so I don't have the link, but go to the store section of our website and search SE parts. The correct trem arm is listed there.

Here is the page.
http://www.prsaccessories.com/collections/se-parts

http://www.prsaccessories.com/collections/se-parts/products/se-tremolo-arm

se_trem_1024x1024.jpg

Hey Dysmantle, shoot me your contact info in an email and I'll see if I can help. I don't sell the SE stuff out of Private Reserve but I'll try to get some traction for you on this. - Chris Swope

Thanks CoreyT, thats the one (im guessing since i've never had one but it looks like thats the only SE part for a tremelo). Thanks Chris and Shawn. You guys rock.

gahd, its been 7 days and no traction from MusiciansFriend on my tremelo... i've got gigs this weekend and i'm boned without the bar.......

PrivateReserveGuitars - chris, i sent you a PM with my info... not sure what you can do to help but i can pay for the arm and shipping... the PRS website will cost me close to $40 to buy a $6 tremelo arm.

Major Sadface here

Back