PRS SVN Players

Question for you guys on the SVN nut... Mine is very tall, with super deep slots. WTF??? I this the same for anyone else?
XZeDrYrKtqQc5gQQA

I don't have enough posts to insert an image link.

I added Grover mini rotomatics to mine, as well as a DiMarzio D Activator bridge and PAF 7 neck. The tuners were a drop in replacement, but I had to file the pickup wings a fair amount to get the DiMarzio to fit.

Hey guys,

Got a question regarding bridge/bridge saddles.

I've noticed that the stock bridge saddle on the SVN's low B side won't take a string bigger than a .74 gauge. It just sits on the outer portion of the ring and never meets the end. I did try to gently file the gap bigger but I don't have the proper tools required. I was intending on putting an .80 on it as I'm tuning to F.

Has anyone swapped out the bridge saddles before? If so can you recommend some that would work?

It's either that or I may swap the bridge out completely to a Hipshot Ibby Gib replacement (got one on my custom guitar and I love it) instead.

Cheers!

Last year I purchased a PRS SVN Black Cherry finish and have recently upgraded the tuners, pickups, and knobs. Now, all the guitar hardware is black and it looks a lot better to me personally. I replaced the prs bridge with a black hipshot, swapped the stock pickups for Seymour Duncan Alpha/Omegas, and added black hipshot locking tuners as well. I play in drop F on this 7 string (F-C-F-A#-D- G-C) and now it looks, feels, and sounds like an even better guitar. (I use the custom light 8 string Boomer set (11-74) and it feels perfect).

If you own a PRS SVN or have any questions about it feel free to ask or comment on this thread!
I just picked up a SVN and want to upgrade the tuners, as well. Which tuners? 4x3? Is there a mounting kit for them or did you have to drill new holes?

I just picked up a SVN and want to upgrade the tuners, as well. Which tuners? 4x3? Is there a mounting kit for them or did you have to drill new holes?

Gotoh SG381 MG-T, Grover 406, Schaller Mini should be direct fit to most SE including our SVNs. I also suspect the Gotoh 510 should, too.

I installed a set of SG 381 MG-T on my (unfinished modded) SVN. Their bolt hole arrangement fit perfectly on stock mounting holes on the headstock. But the height of string holes of Gotoh tuners is definitely lower than stocks ones. Scroll down to see my descriptions above each photo.

And to answer your question about 4+3 arrangement - yes, you have to find a set of 4L+3R tuners. In my case I coldn't find such config anywhere so I custom order with Gotoh official dealer in my country which is not only 4+3 config but also smaller buttons and gloss black finish. The cost then raised stupidly to nearly $130 - what a stupid buy, hahaha.

The funny thing is that, lately, I just learned that I should have not ordered them in black finish which costed around $20 extra charge since I can buy real ebony buttons locally for just $8. Oh my goodness...

OK, let's see how the Gotoh set looks like on my SVN:

ZryfMzY.jpg

See how different in hole heights of stock tuners VS Gotoh.

Ik3nkJK.jpg

ZdNIG93.jpg

The funny thing is, although the new Gotoh tuner holes sit much lower than stock, the string break angle looks very similar to my Modern Eagle.

fuVHY6K.jpg

Last edited:
Back