Josh

Any experience with one?
I'm thinking of selling a gibson LP studio plus, Gretsch 6114, and reverend warhawk to fund it. I'm stressing selling three guitars, but based off what I've seen and heard I feel like I'd be happy I did. It's being used in my studio, so I'm looking for something as versatile as I can find. My recording gear is portable so I'd like to have one guitar to primarily use to make it easier on me when I'm moving everything. I've been looking at the 513 too.

Can anyone talk me into/out of this?

Don't think you could go wrong with either one, both exceptionally versatile guitars.

Those are both fine guitars. I have thought about getting a studio myself in that past.

I would test each one out to see about the tone. You may want to check out the McCarty or SC245 too. These will have a different tonal characteristic than a PRS with a Tremelo.

I have a P245 now and love it the mostest :)

I love my Studio. I got it used for a song three years ago, and it was only a year old. Having owned an LP Studio many moons ago, I wouldn't think twice about it. 513!is a worthy option too. I have no experience with it, but it is on my list. And, there are many here that have GREAT things to say about them.

I prefer the Studio over the 513, but that's just me. I like the narrowfield pickups a bunch. A studio or SASNF is on my list.

I'd probably get the studio - but I haven't played any of them myself.

This is my thinking: you get the most authentic singlecoil sounds out of the 513, and the most authentic humbucker sounds out of the studio (bridge only, mind you).

What kind of music do you normally play?

I used to own a Studio... great guitar, but for me, that middle pickup was just in the way. I couldn't find a use for it, and lowering it to get out of the way seemed like a poor idea, so I sold it to make way for my Paul's...

Back