paulstar08

I'm looking for some pickups that could replace me D-Style pickups on my studio. Something that is the same size but has more presence and bite. I am not looking for hotter pickups, I feel the d-style pickups have a nice output to them. They just lack some character and presence. I was looking at my guitar and thought maybe a p90 or a mini humbucker would fit. Does anyone have any experience changing the pickups on these guitars?

Thanks a bunch

Consider changing the volume and tone pots to USA ones. That should wake up the D-Types, and be a helluva lot cheaper.

If you are looking for a drop in replacement pickup, the D-type single coil is the same size as a Gibson Mini-Hum pickup. So any comparably sized mini humbucker or firebird-sized pickup could be installed with little issue

If you are looking for a drop in replacement pickup, the D-type single coil is the same size as a Gibson Mini-Hum pickup. So any comparably sized mini humbucker or firebird-sized pickup could be installed with little issue
That’s my suggestion, too. Can’t imagine changing the Type D, but a mini hummer will fit.

Back