PRS Strings

Bob Sherwood

I bought a PRS guitar and took advantage of the free string offer. Just received them and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the PRS strings as to quality, sound, etc. I got the 10-46 sets.

I bought a PRS guitar and took advantage of the free string offer. Just received them and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the PRS strings as to quality, sound, etc. I got the 10-46 sets.

I use PRS strings on all my PRS'. I think they sound great.

Jon is correct (unless it's changed recently), almost positive that PRS strings are just relabeled D'Addarios. ;)
Interesting! I just received a couple packs of PRS strings in the mail. Funny thing is that I use D'Addario strings and was looking forward to trying something different! Ah well.. :redface:

Last edited:
Interesting! I just received a couple packs of PRS strings in the mail. Funny thing is that I use D'Addario strings and was looking forward to trying something different! Ah well.. :redface:

At least you know you'll like them, right? ;) That's why they sound so good from the factory! (to be fair, I'm a fan of D'Addarios, personally :D)

To add to what Jamie said, the nickel wrap gives them a softer feel, and a bit different tone, though the difference isn't huge. I really like them, they're all I use.

Yah, the pure nickel wrap mellows them a bit and all the PRS strings have the brass ball end I believe.

Looks like the only place you can get them is direct from the PRS on line store at $9 per pak. I checked all the normal places and no one carries them.

I use PRS strings on all my guitars (Strats, Teles and SE). I think they're great. They seem to last a bit longer than D'Addarios.

Back