PRS Strings?

I have used both many times. The old ones are my preferred strings. They had a unique softness to them. I cannot really think of a better way to describe it. I have never felt another string like that. They were also made by D'Addario. While the marketing may say one thing, to me the new ones feel just like the NYXL's. They are nowhere near as smooth as the old strings. I just got done playing 2 guitars one with the new ones and one with the older strings... They are very different.
There are two types of “new” PRS strings. Or at least new packaging. Are they “Classics” the same as the old ones?

I have used both many times. The old ones are my preferred strings. They had a unique softness to them. I cannot really think of a better way to describe it. I have never felt another string like that. They were also made by D'Addario. While the marketing may say one thing, to me the new ones feel just like the NYXL's. They are nowhere near as smooth as the old strings. I just got done playing 2 guitars one with the new ones and one with the older strings... They are very different.
I believe there was some supposition that the old ones were a pure-nickel wrap. You should check out D'Addario's version of this style.

Back