PRS Store Parts... Price Drops?

LJD

Anyone else notice the price drop on volume and tone pots from the PRS store? Have the prices just been (more reasonably) adjusted or are the parts themselves different?

I was wondering the same thing when I bought a new volume pot for my S2. Big price difference than they used to be.
Not that I'm complaining.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I wonder if maybe there were many others like me who would never buy any stuff from them because their prices were so stupidly outrageous? Even the strings are now a reasonable price.

Maybe the success of the SE and S2 lines have something to do with the price drop??? Along with economies of scale (as previously mentioned.
I recently orderd a PRS T shirt from the PRS Store and they sent me a free one :D

Parts have always been cheaper through authorized dealers, maybe they adjusted the prices to what dealers are charging. I feel like $9 for a volume pot with the treble bleed already attached is a fair price. Whatever it was before, $28 or something, was absolutely insane.

Parts have always been cheaper through authorized dealers, maybe they adjusted the prices to what dealers are charging. I feel like $9 for a volume pot with the treble bleed already attached is a fair price. Whatever it was before, $28 or something, was absolutely insane.

I noticed those new prices a while back too. Great deal, if any of my SE's need new pots going forward I'm just going to get those and make my holes bigger.

Thanks for the heads up! I was going to order some new pots for my SE Singlecut from StewMac but since they aren't much more for the real PRS ones, I'll just order those.

Edit: Just ordered a tone and volume pot, along with a new nut to fix my hanging G string ;)

Last edited:
Turning your head to Europe the prices increased if you compare the actual pricing of PRS Europe's web store with the prices of the big GCs.
Examples: PRS signature straps (93 EUR vs 72 EUR) or Phase III tuner buttons (103 EUR vs 79 EUR).
(If you buy the tuner buttons at the manufactor's shop you still have to pay 39 EUR.)

Back