PRS store limited sale of 85/15 and 58/15LT pickups!

SamIV

Only $500 a set. Not much help for my tight azz. Don’t think my profession is in the target bracket.

Last edited:

RC Mike

2,300 sets of pickups? A little more than a million dollars worth of pickups, at retail? Sounds like someone screwed the pooch.

Broseph

PRS Fren
Is the price that suprising? Their other pickups range from 380-430 a set. Considering these are the latest and greatest i’m not surprised but what they are asking, especially for what the 58/15 LT resell for. I think it was real sweet that they released versions compatible with 5 ways, rotaries, and 3 ways.

Jimi D

Why no 58/15 TMs or 58/15 LT+ :confused:

I'd be tempted by a set of 58/15 MTs; I'm so into the tones on my EXP2018 SSH that I'd love to try a set in my CU24 on the 5-way rotary... Those are the only pickups I'd swap out the 57/08s for, even temporarily...

Simon Says

A Dentist for the Lawyers
Just a guess, but since the "+" version is specifically voiced for the Singlecuts, maybe PRS felt the market wasn't big enough? Or, they're waiting to do a separate, even more limited release down the line :p
If I haven't made it clear enough - I will now. I bet my ass new pickup like is in the making

RC Mike

If I haven't made it clear enough - I will now. I bet my ass new pickup like is in the making

Maybe. 2,300 sets is a lot, though. Assume they make 115 guitars in Maryland a day. Maybe 20% of those, tops, use 85/15 or 58/15 LT pickups. That's something around four and a half months worth of PUs that they just dumped onto the market.

I have no idea if they order PUs in batches or if they produce them constantly. Either way, that's a lot of inventory to dispose of. Makes me think that either they're expecting a big slowdown in orders or they've got something new. Might be a combination of those two, too. In any event, it seems like something changed in terms of production planning.