PRS Store and PayPal

Goldfixer

Is it football season yet?
Anyone know if they will ever accept PayPal for items on their website?

Just want to say I'm glad they don't. Paypal charges fee's to the seller which usually leads to inflated prices to accommodate them. Also, PayPal as a company, especially to music instrument sellers, has been very very unsatisfactory.

themike said:
Just want to say I'm glad they don't. Paypal charges fee's to the seller which usually leads to inflated prices to accommodate them. Also, PayPal as a company, especially to music instrument sellers, has been very very unsatisfactory.

I've got to say that I'm 100% with Mike on this one.

themike said:
I can't speak to PayPal's treatment to sellers, but I can say the 2.9% they charge is not out of line with "normal" credit card fees. While a basic credit card fee for a merchant is just below 2%, the ******** rewards cards are as high as 4 to 5%. I only asked because I seldom use credit cards, especially online.

I might also add, if the card is not swiped in person the fees are very high on standard cards also.

Goldfixer said:
While a basic credit card fee for a merchant is just below 2%, the ******** rewards cards are as high as 4 to 5%. I only asked because I seldom use credit cards, especially online.

I have to admit, I had no idea that rewards cards charged different fees. I was always under the assumption that Mastercard or Visa (etc) had a fee that they charged for using the card, but it was fairly constant. I watched a very interesting documentary on the credit card industry, but that wasn't mentioned at all. :?

dprather said:
Goldfixer said:
While a basic credit card fee for a merchant is just below 2%, the ******** rewards cards are as high as 4 to 5%. I only asked because I seldom use credit cards, especially online.

I have to admit, I had no idea that rewards cards charged different fees. I was always under the assumption that Mastercard or Visa (etc) had a fee that they charged for using the card, but it was fairly constant. I watched a very interesting documentary on the credit card industry, but that wasn't mentioned at all. :?
Merchants pay the "Rewards" , not the card issuer. Their ads may lead you to think they are "rewarding" you for using the card, when the truth is, they charge a higher fee to the merchant to take your rewards card. When a merchant gives a discount for cash, it's not because he wants to hide the cash, he wants to avoid paying another 3-4% in credit card fees.

The Credit Cards companies charge a base rate and then a "user fee" on top that covers the reward fees and points fees. If someone is using a Credit Card that has a free mileage deal they can have a total charge that is just about 4% of the retail sale that is charged. If the card is just a normal credit card than the merchant only pays the base rate fee, plus swipe fee plus a transaction fee plus terminal fee plus what ever else they want to get you with. :D

Kind of on topic: we should have a new online store setup in the not too distant future. I know it will be hard to top what we have now, but it should be a lot better experience.

james said:
Kind of on topic: we should have a new online store setup in the not too distant future. I know it will be hard to top what we have now, but it should be a lot better experience.
Awesome....but will you take PayPal? :D

james said:

Awesome, although I don't mind the current webstore. I must say though that the Sullivan Group is absolutely FANTASTIC to work with. Customer Service is always instant and plesant while the products are always promptly shipped with seriously great packing.

Back