PRS Still Make the USA Custom 24 Floyd?

JJDon

I have 5 PRS (2 594s, 2 Custom 24s, and 1 CE24). I'm thinking of downsizing by selling one of the Custom 24s and the CE24 to get a Plain Black USA Custom 24 with Floyd since I like messing with the floyd a lot for 80s rock/metal. I noticed though that on Sweetwater they just seem to require "extra delivery time from PRS", which seems to indicate they are built for each order? Is this correct? If so, that would seem to indicate a long wait time.

I also noticed that the ones they are listing don't have the plain/non finished neck backs like the original run of the Custom 24 Floyds. Is that true as well?

If its something I'd have to order direct from PRS and I'm selling two other guitars to fund it, I figure I'd go all out and get a plain black 10 top, but I'm not sure if those are even offered.

There’s a pandemic going on. It’s slowed things down a bit. If I remember correctly PRS isn’t taking new orders until next year so they can clear out their backlog.

Have you considered the DW CE24? Has a FR and it would be fantastic for what you seem to be after. That sucker screams. I have the black top and natural back.

Have you considered the DW CE24? Has a FR and it would be fantastic for what you seem to be after. That sucker screams. I have the black top and natural back.

I was considering that, but I'm not too hot on the pickups from the clips I've heard and the neck profile isn't like the Custom 24 from the ones I've tried. I may go give one another try though.

Back