PRS Special Semi-Hollow

AlexBohlin

Hey there, guys!

I got a question for 'ya! Is the PRS Special semi-hollow released yet? (I'm European, so I'm not really up to date with what's going on in the U.S) I'm mostly wondering because I would like to know when they'll make an appearance here in Europe since I'd really like to get my hands on one!

Thank you guys!

There are plenty of Wood Library SSH out in the wild. Also normal ones from 2018 when it was just a Ltd Edition. As for the 2021 Core models, I haven’t seen any yet.

If you want 58/15 MT pickups, which I much prefer to the 58/15 LTs in the 2021 version of this model, get one of the 2018-2020 SSH builds while you still can. If you want LTs, go for a 2021 when available.

If you want 58/15 MT pickups, which I much prefer to the 58/15 LTs in the 2021 version of this model, get one of the 2018-2020 SSH builds while you still can. If you want LTs, go for a 2021 when available.
This is a great point. I much prefer the MTs to the LTs

Thanks for the tip! I'll check them out!

This is a great point. I much prefer the MTs to the LTs

I have a SSH with the MTs and love it. I was thinking of also getting the new SSH with LTs. How would you say the LTs are different than the MTs on a SSH? Thanks

I have a SSH with the MTs and love it. I was thinking of also getting the new SSH with LTs. How would you say the LTs are different than the MTs on a SSH? Thanks
Can’t say on the SSH. I’ve only had them on 594s. To my ear, the splits sound more convincing on the MTs. Could just be the wiring of the SSH. Plus, they’re a touch hotter than the LTs.

Can’t say on the SSH. I’ve only had them on 594s. To my ear, the splits sound more convincing on the MTs. Could just be the wiring of the SSH. Plus, they’re a touch hotter than the LTs.

Thanks. Yeah the splits are really good. Using both pickups split in the middle position is one of my favorite sounds.

Imho, the MTs are a bit hotter and provide a superior split sound, which means they can cover more ground. The LTs suit the 594 wonderfully, but when it comes to the SSH, I prefer the MTs.

According to my researches, in Europe, the Special Semi-Hollow (2021) is only available for pre-orders at this point. I gave a call to Thomann and they told me that they expect to receive them in August 2022 (!).

The (few) ones that are currently available here and there are actually the Special 22 Ltd.

(I ended up getting a Special 22 Ltd and it's an amazing guitar!)

Back