Prs special semi-hollow limited (core super eagle?)

First post here ✌
Let me introduce you my new baby.

After several tries in store (I was really afraid of the scale fork but finally not at all), I knew I wanted a semi-hollow and I set my sights on the Special series and I had a real crush on a 10-top from Peach Guitars for my first PRS.

I'm a real fan, I think it's really beautiful, the table is absolutely gorgeous, I can't wait to go home and plug it in because it vibrates a lot unplugged.

So I asked for the spec sheet to know the exact color and to know a bit more about this guitar, I'm waiting for an answer :)

X christmas!!

Beautiful! Welcome and congrats! Thought they should call those the Sweet Semi Hollow for how sweet they sound.

Outstanding! The SSH is an of the charts guitar. Yours looks to be Trampas Green.

The last post here was in December!!

Bringing it back! Show 'em off, talk about 'em, all questions.

SSH for the win!

I am getting my SSH setup tomorrow. Does anyone know what string gauge comes on the SSH? I feel like I saw 9s somewhere, but I would think its 10s. Any help is appreciated.

I am getting my SSH setup tomorrow. Does anyone know what string gauge comes on the SSH? I feel like I saw 9s somewhere, but I would think its 10s. Any help is appreciated.

It comes with 10's as standard.

Hey all,

Hoping you help me with something. Ive seen pics of SSH’s where it looks to me like the back has a clear seam and is made from 2 pieces of Mahogany. If so, is that customary? I had just assumed they were all single blocks of wood at this price point. What are your thoughts on the sonic impact? Would this influence your purchase? Thanks for your insight and advice.

Hey all,

Hoping you help me with something. Ive seen pics of SSH’s where it looks to me like the back has a clear seam and is made from 2 pieces of Mahogany. If so, is that customary? I had just assumed they were all single blocks of wood at this price point. What are your thoughts on the sonic impact? Would this influence your purchase? Thanks for your insight and advice.

Mine is a solid block of mahogany - no seam at all...

dbelatZ.jpg

4FHQV41.jpg

Mine does not have a seam. Maybe you can post a pic. Is it from a dealer or individual?

Looks like a swamp ash back wood library run. Not surprised it would be a multi piece back. Mahogany backs are likely all one piece.

Hey all,

Yeah, any mahogany back is going to be one piece. Swamp ash and Korina would be 2 or 3 piece backs. I would not hesitate to buy one. As a matter of fact, I did. My 509 with a Swamp Ash back has 3 pieces. Good luck trying to find the seams.

6fY2jfh.jpg

I know, you can see them. But, they did a good job matching them. Very close.

Back