Prs special semi-hollow limited (core super eagle?)

I'm still waiting for a July 2018 pre-order of a Fire Red Burst with Artist Package. Rob Arnold says it's mid to late October. Fortunately, The ETA
has not moved out of October in the last couple of inquiries made by the dealer.

Meanwhile, on a guitar that was advertised as pre-order in a fashion that made it sound like you wouldn't get one (other than
maybe a Private Stock order) once they were gone. Right now, what do we see??? Dealers suddenly unveiling Wood Library versions
of the Special 22 a lot in the last month or so. So did the dealers order those before orders came open to the public through
dealers, or did some of us still waiting get leap-frogged in the production line order of priority? Things that make you go "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"...

I think the AP one off orders move to the back of the line, repeatedly. Core and WL always get done in a more timely fashion. My perception is that the AP is a one built on the Core assembly line (unlike the one off PS), and has to wait until there are enough similar in fashion to warrant a build. I could be completely wrong, but it sure seems that way. Our WL 509 were April to October/November. Most AP builds go twice that, at least.

I think the AP one off orders move to the back of the line, repeatedly. Core and WL always get done in a more timely fashion. My perception is that the AP is a one built on the Core assembly line (unlike the one off PS), and has to wait until there are enough similar in fashion to warrant a build. I could be completely wrong, but it sure seems that way. Our WL 509 were April to October/November. Most AP builds go twice that, at least.

It will be my last special order that isn't a dealer Wood Library run or a Private Stock...
Bordering on ridiculous.

It will be my last special order that isn't a dealer Wood Library run or a Private Stock...
Bordering on ridiculous.

And if someone in the organization doesn't recognize this as an issue then they've lost it. Orders shouldn't be bumped back for stock. I seriously hope that this isn't true.

I'm still waiting for a July 2018 pre-order of a Fire Red Burst with Artist Package. Rob Arnold says it's mid to late October. Fortunately, The ETA
has not moved out of October in the last couple of inquiries made by the dealer.

Meanwhile, on a guitar that was advertised as pre-order in a fashion that made it sound like you wouldn't get one (other than
maybe a Private Stock order) once they were gone. Right now, what do we see??? Dealers suddenly unveiling Wood Library versions
of the Special 22 a lot in the last month or so. So did the dealers order those before orders came open to the public through
dealers, or did some of us still waiting get leap-frogged in the production line order of priority? Things that make you go "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"...

Brett from Eddie’s posted pictures of wood library selections for three out of four different wood library batches back in July...around July 20, 21, and 25 of 2018.
They just started receiving their guitars for the batch posted from July 20, 2018.

Hopefully that means that your individual July AP order will be made soon. Waiting is super hard to do, especially for something extremely cool!

Yeah, I'm not pissed off or anything. Just commentary/opinion.

I hoped/figured they must have placed their WL orders last year before or about the same time we all special ordered. It's my retirement gift with a signed back plate wishing me a happy retirement from Paul. Color was chosen to closely match my electrical engineering school alma mater, University of South Carolina. :cool:

Bordering on ridiculous.

Sorry you're having to wait so long. I can say though that the wait will totally be worth it. These guitars are as special as the name implies.

It is what it is... I'm not exactly depressed with 23 guitars, over half of which are PRS. Not the biggest collection, but even if you only had one great guitar with PRS on the headstock (or an eagle), that is a luxury already. Every other one is a bonus in guitar blessings!

It is what it is... I'm not exactly depressed with 23 guitars, over half of which are PRS. Not the biggest collection, but even if you only had one great guitar with PRS on the headstock (or an eagle), that is a luxury already. Every other one is a bonus in guitar blessings!

You’re a lucky guy Will, retirement, 23 guitars !

You’re gonna love the new one when it arrives.:D

Still claiming delivery by the end of October for my Artist Special 22 LE semi-hollow.

I'll believe it when I get the PayPal invoice for the final $1560... LoL!!! o_O:cool:

I thought I was going to be a member of the club this week, but no luck. After emailing back and forth with a store via Reverb, I found a SHH for an amazing price, had it in my Reverb shopping cart as I left home for a family dinner, and I was going to pay for it after I finished dinner. And then it was gone. I guess someone else bought it, since it's no longer available on Reverb (but still on the store's website). Unbelievably frustrating. : (

Yeah, as I tell my wife over such similar things: if you see it and really want it and are willing to pay the asking price, and there is only one, then get it now, do not hesitate, for it is likely someone else will snag it.

OTOH, keep looking, eventually another one will pop up, maybe for a bit more or less, maybe in a different finish you also find appealing (or more appealing).

There are about 100 guitars that I would have snagged if I had unlimited funds available, because they were great guitars at great prices. But I had to blink, and they were gone.

I feel for ya, bro! I have had a non-special order, regular non-10 top SC594SH on order since August 2018. It was originally due in May. Then June. Then July. You get the idea. I'm sure the factory is pumping stuff out as fast as they can, and I bet right now they are producing a bunch of pre-orders or "factory stock" guitars for the (likely, possibly) imminent release of the new 2020 core models.

Just a bit frustrating, because I see used ones pop up in mint-like condition for less than I now owe after my deposit...

I feel for ya, bro! I have had a non-special order, regular non-10 top SC594SH on order since August 2018. It was originally due in May. Then June. Then July. You get the idea. I'm sure the factory is pumping stuff out as fast as they can, and I bet right now they are producing a bunch of pre-orders or "factory stock" guitars for the (likely, possibly) imminent release of the new 2020 core models.

Just a bit frustrating, because I see used ones pop up in mint-like condition for less than I now owe after my deposit...

Yeah, honestly, had I known they would have Wood Library versions of this guitar available, I would have never ordered and just waited for them to hit the stores.

Looks like PRS has taken the Special Semi-hollow page down. I get a blank page when I try to access it.

Looks like PRS has taken the Special Semi-hollow page down. I get a blank page when I try to access it.

Well it is a 'Limited Edition' model so I guess that its run is over and cannot be ordered....

Well it is a 'Limited Edition' model so I guess that its run is over and cannot be ordered....
It couldn't be ordered after 30 Sept 2018, in theory. I suspect they just left it up there for a year so folks could look up the specs when buying a spec guitar from a dealer.

I have one and love it I just sometimes like to look at the product page. I wish I had downloaded the page. There are still quite a few (169) for sale on Reverb. I wonder how many they ended up making?

Back