Prs special semi-hollow limited (core super eagle?)

I am desperately trying to find a Fire Red Burst (not Wrap) version of this Guitar in Europe - preferably the UK. The Website says they should exist but I cannot and have never seen one over here. I have only ever seen one but that was in the US so they should exist. @Shawn@PRS Do you know if any have been or if any will be made in this colour? Would you know I can go about ordering one - just a core version?

I am desperately trying to find a Fire Red Burst (not Wrap) version of this Guitar in Europe - preferably the UK. The Website says they should exist but I cannot and have never seen one over here. I have only ever seen one but that was in the US so they should exist. @Shawn@PRS Do you know if any have been or if any will be made in this colour? Would you know I can go about ordering one - just a core version?
I had this a couple of yrs ago looking for a certain McCarty model. couldn't find one this side for love nor money.
looked further afield found one In the states, added up the pros and cons sent an email and the rest is now history. May be worth having a butchers.
Glad I did. !!!

I had this a couple of yrs ago looking for a certain McCarty model. couldn't find one this side for love nor money.
looked further afield found one In the states, added up the pros and cons sent an email and the rest is now history. May be worth having a butchers.
Glad I did. !!!

I have searched and searched and the only one I can find is in the States. However I don't think they would ship to the UK - the store doesn't appear to ship here. I can understand why with the costs, the insurance etc and how difficult it can be to resolve any issues if there are any but the way some baggage/shipping employees handle items, its a wonder how they arrive in one piece. At best, it proves to me that there must be Guitars in this model and colour available - there can't be only 1 with hundreds of blue and autumn sky versions everywhere - a fair few Black Gold Wrap too. Either all the Fire Red Guitars are selling before they are even advertised or PRS are not making enough of the other colours.

I don't know what other options I have, can I order 1 in Fire Red? Can I email PRS/PRS Europe to see if and when some can be expected, to put myself on a list to get one when one finally does arrive?

I have not had a problem finding Fire Red Burst guitars in all of the other models I own. In some cases I had quite a few choices to pick from in terms pattern so its not cropped up before. I have been looking for months now and never seen one in any UK shop - at least not any that are listed as PRS dealers. This was why I asked @Shawn@PRS for information.

I have searched and searched and the only one I can find is in the States. However I don't think they would ship to the UK - the store doesn't appear to ship here. I can understand why with the costs, the insurance etc and how difficult it can be to resolve any issues if there are any but the way some baggage/shipping employees handle items, its a wonder how they arrive in one piece. At best, it proves to me that there must be Guitars in this model and colour available - there can't be only 1 with hundreds of blue and autumn sky versions everywhere - a fair few Black Gold Wrap too. Either all the Fire Red Guitars are selling before they are even advertised or PRS are not making enough of the other colours.

I don't know what other options I have, can I order 1 in Fire Red? Can I email PRS/PRS Europe to see if and when some can be expected, to put myself on a list to get one when one finally does arrive?

I have not had a problem finding Fire Red Burst guitars in all of the other models I own. In some cases I had quite a few choices to pick from in terms pattern so its not cropped up before. I have been looking for months now and never seen one in any UK shop - at least not any that are listed as PRS dealers. This was why I asked @Shawn@PRS for information.
Maybe worth a call or preferably an email to your store of choice would be worth a go.
I know Andertons would be a good bet. good luck and fingers crossed for you.!!!

Maybe worth a call or preferably an email to your store of choice would be worth a go.
I know Andertons would be a good bet. good luck and fingers crossed for you.!!!

Just heard back from a store. The Red told them that PRS are not making anymore of these and that no more in Fire Red are available... :(

It seems I have a choice to either pick a different colour or go without adding a PRS Special to my collection...

Just heard back from a store. The Red told them that PRS are not making anymore of these and that no more in Fire Red are available... :(

It seems I have a choice to either pick a different colour or go without adding a PRS Special to my collection...
Look at the used market friend. Someone will list one for sale at some point.

Look at the used market friend. Someone will list one for sale at some point.

The chance that one of these 'Limited Editions' in Fire Red Burst will crop up in the UK for sale on the used market in the 'near' (let along far) future is extremely unlikely. The fact that since January (if not earlier), I have been keeping an eye on all the known PRS retailers and never saw 1 in Fire Red. Admittedly, they may have had stock that never made it to their listings but I have only ever seen 2 of these in total - both in the US and, as such, couldn't purchase.

It seems that I may have to settle for my 2nd (or 3rd) choice colour scheme. I have seen one that had a top I really liked, but it was finished as a wrap and the back/neck was completely black. If I had to guess, I think something went wrong, and they then changed the Charcoal Cherry Burst by spraying a black burst over the top and carried that round to the back as a wrap. It did make the Guitar look really interesting and I would think a one off. Its not a colour design I have ever seen before and does look like something wasn't right and so they put a black burst over the top.

If it had a natural looking back, I would have settled for that as an alternative because the grain was interesting and the colour unique. My 2nd/3rd Choice colours are readily available - a couple of Charcoal Cherry and Autumn Sky models are around but I really wanted a Fire Red Burst to match the other 4 PRS guitars I own...

I decided to pull the trigger on a Charcoal Cherry Burst PRS Special 22 Semi Hollow...

MNZdo85.jpg

t7ewlvo.jpg

These are obviously the shops own images of this guitar. Its a little on the heavy side at 7lb 8oz but that's still not bad and whilst its not a Fire Red Burst, its a fantastic looking second choice...

I decided to pull the trigger on a Charcoal Cherry Burst PRS Special 22 Semi Hollow...

MNZdo85.jpg

t7ewlvo.jpg

These are obviously the shops own images of this guitar. Its a little on the heavy side at 7lb 8oz but that's still not bad and whilst its not a Fire Red Burst, its a fantastic looking second choice...

It's close, though. As I look at mine, I think you'll be surprised how dark it is in person.

MNZdo85.jpg

t7ewlvo.jpg

That’s awesome!! And not that my stupid opinion matters, but you wound up with the better color

That’s awesome!! And not that my stupid opinion matters, but you wound up with the better color

Maybe a better looking grain/top but definitely not the better colour in my opinion. Can't say I am 'disappointed' to have to settle for my 2nd choice...

Shame you couldn't your 1st choice but that is beautiful. All the best and enjoy.!!!
MNZdo85.jpg

t7ewlvo.jpg

For our friends still waiting for their deliveries...

I had a chance to play a trampas green Special today. I ordered one myself without ever having seeing one in person.... Anyway, it was awesome. All pickups were amazingly vocal, the weight was perfect, the knobs very effective, and the fit/finish was perfect.

When we get our guitars it will be an awesome, awesome day with a perfect instrument. I was worried about ordering one without playing one first, but my experience today put that concern to bed.

Stay strong friends. We're almost there!

This model really helped me filter out a lot of Youtube bull**** with people comparing the middle position with the middle pickups on the other guitars when it's NOT a middle pickup. It shows, I knew people listen to guitars with their eyes mostly but never thought that ears would be playing so little role.

I'm still waiting for a July 2018 pre-order of a Fire Red Burst with Artist Package. Rob Arnold says it's mid to late October. Fortunately, The ETA
has not moved out of October in the last couple of inquiries made by the dealer.

Meanwhile, on a guitar that was advertised as pre-order in a fashion that made it sound like you wouldn't get one (other than
maybe a Private Stock order) once they were gone. Right now, what do we see??? Dealers suddenly unveiling Wood Library versions
of the Special 22 a lot in the last month or so. So did the dealers order those before orders came open to the public through
dealers, or did some of us still waiting get leap-frogged in the production line order of priority? Things that make you go "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"...

I thought I was going to be a member of the club this week, but no luck. After emailing back and forth with a store via Reverb, I found a SHH for an amazing price, had it in my Reverb shopping cart as I left home for a family dinner, and I was going to pay for it after I finished dinner. And then it was gone. I guess someone else bought it, since it's no longer available on Reverb (but still on the store's website). Unbelievably frustrating. : (

Back