Prs special semi-hollow limited (core super eagle?)

First post here... My Tobacco burst arrived this week. Incredible playing and looking guitar.

Like a lot of those commenting, I’d like the NF pickup available on its own. I’m thinking a pull pot so that in position two, it would simply cut the ground to the humbucker (could easily be position four). Holding off a bit before I mod it this beauty.

Prior to these being announced, I grabbed a Cu22 semi. I’ve gotten very used to the 85/15MT’s... these 58/15MT’s are taking a bit to get used to. They are different in they seem to have more low end. There is little doubt I’ll find the happy place from a tone perspective. I’ve already raised the screws on the neck a couple of turns to increase clarity.

Welcome your thoughts...

I played my SH Ltd Special 22 the last couple of nights. I also played my WL 509 (maple neck + FB, swamp ash body) right afterward last night. Yikes, those are both awesome guitars!

Each have their own voice, that's for sure. I was in a Gilmour-ish mood both nights, noodling leads over a laid-back chord pattern I came up with (probably not original), in a "recent-Gilmour"-esque style (i.e. a la one of the softer songs on either On an Island, Rattle That Lock). Each guitar brought out a different "feel" and attitude, I suppose you could say.

Every time I pick up one of my PRSi, I remember why that guitar is different from the other ones I have, and I cherish the ability to choose.

So no feedback with these?
I'm amazed that news about these things is so slim. It's still possible that most people haven't received them yet, but I thought they would have sent out some of them by now...

They did say delivery would be first quarter of 2019... Either they missed the boat on their projections or very few people ordered one.

You can find them in shops and on Reverb. Mine came last week. It’s my second PRS, and as you can read above, looking for more experienced impressions of the pickups.

Nope, not that I have experienced. If I ever had to just have one, this would definitely being in the final three.
One paraphrasing of this...
“ When I retire and the wife wants to travel around the country in a motor home and says “you can only keep one guitar,” this is one of the three I’m bringing on the road. :p:p:p

One paraphrasing of this...
“ When I retire and the wife wants to travel around the country in a motor home and says “you can only keep one guitar,” this is one of the three I’m bringing on the road. :p:p:p

Damn right, Skippy! Better clear some space in your driveway for the RV. Cincy is on my map!

Any time!

You’re up late :eek:

Draft night. Annual get together at my buddie's house (sorry, all Steelers fans). Home an hour ago. Big glass of scotch to wind down. Approaching doink. Looking forward to 4 hours of sleep before the wife's alarm goes off at 4:00 AM for her last day of work. Retirement official at the end of the day, Friday. Bodia's cushy day gig working from home is in jeopardy......

Draft night. Annual get together at my buddie's house (sorry, all Steelers fans). Home an hour ago. Big glass of scotch to wind down. Approaching doink. Looking forward to 4 hours of sleep before the wife's alarm goes off at 4:00 AM for her last day of work. Retirement official at the end of the day, Friday. Bodia's cushy day gig working from home is in jeopardy......

Congrats to Mrs. bodia! Living the dream!!!

Cheers Mrs B.
I’m curious to find out when you get up on Monday.

Back