Prs special semi-hollow limited (core super eagle?)

There's been no update to this thread in over a month. What gives? People have to be receiving these things by now right?

I’m still waiting for mine... dealer says still got a month I just asked last week.

Apparently new pre orders for the core line are scheduled to deliver in 2020, it must be crazy in maryland

In August of last year (2018), I put in an order for a different Experience limited-release model, the SC594 SH. (Because I bought a Special 22 SH at Experience!)

I am still waiting, and don't expect it for another couple of months. PRS has typical backlogs of 8-10 months, so even if you put in an order on day 1 of Experience, it might just now be arriving...which is what we are seeing.

Dealers could put in pre-orders prior to the official announcement, which probably arrived over the last few months, so some folks might have bought those because they matched their desires.

Gotta remember, the same factory is cranking out as many Silver Skys as they can, and with the new colors, I bet they continue to be overwhelmed...

When I pre-ordered mine back in June/July (Just after the experience release) my dealer told me 12-14 months wait time. I have wondered on delivery if there are preferred dealers who get their orders filled first, versus others the factory makes them wait/puts them at the end of the line. It took 10 months to get my Silver Sky and I pre-ordered it on the first day available.

The original listing said delivery would be in the first quarter of 2019. The first quarter is coming to a close and it seems that people are (mostly) still waiting.

The factory has definitely been backlogged, no question there. I'm glad they're making lots of guitars and taking their time to make them right.

For those still waiting for their Special Semihollow, I can share my experience of waiting for an S2 Studio:

I ordered at the beginning of February, I think they started shipping at the end of March. They didn't start shipping to the UK (where I am) until September. I've been checking online retailers every now and then since and it looks like about half of the ones which have a pre-order place holder for them have received them, the remaining half, including the retailer I ordered from, are still waiting for stock. At this rate it could be towards the end of the year before all orders are fulfilled! I also noticed that stock coming in does seem to go to retailers in a specific order until all their orders have been fulfilled and then the next retailer starts to receive theirs, this is a little annoying as there are now a couple of guitars of the type I've ordered which have been in stock and waiting to sell for a while, while I'm still waiting for mine. I suppose PRS deal with the retailers not the end customers.

The Special Semihollow is a more expensive instrument and probably run on the core line in the factory, so its possible they could have a faster delivery rate than the S2 Studio's, but those of you waiting should perhaps still be prepared to wait a little longer than you may be expecting.

The UPS man brought my new Fire Red Burst to my house yesterday afternoon. It's gorgeous! It sounds good, looks good, and is everything I was anticipating it to be. It do believe it will be my No. 1 guitar. I'd post a pic or two, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Awesome! Congrats!

The UPS man brought my new Fire Red Burst to my house yesterday afternoon. It's gorgeous! It sounds good, looks good, and is everything I was anticipating it to be. It do believe it will be my No. 1 guitar. I'd post a pic or two, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

I would love to see this!!

To upload pictures, you will need to upload them to a Image Hosting site (like Imgur for example - the one I use). Then click on the 'Image' Icon above the text/reply box on this site and copy the web address of the site where you uploaded your pics too. Imgur does have a 'quick' way to copy the web address, the http address, and that will add your picture - exactly as I have done below.

iRJZWZk.jpg

I know this isn't a PRS Special 22 but this is my Hollowbody - the only guitar I have with 'F' holes, also Fire Red Burst (like all my PRS guitars). Its just to show how easy it is to add a picture...

Definitely looking for more reports on coil-tapped 2nd and 4th positions!

Position 2 and 4 are NOT the coil tapped positions like a 2 pickup guitar.
They are ADD narrowfield ( center pickup ) for tapped hum buckers happen in 1 and 5 on this guitar using the mini switches.
That said they are killer the Narrowfield with the tapped bridge ( or neck ) is OUTstanding :)
Just played it again last night what a killer guitar.

Back