Prs special semi-hollow limited (core super eagle?)

My favorite Strats are loaded with Lollar single coils, and I’ve really not found other pickups to have the same sensitivity and tone. The 408s to me sound more in the P90 arena, which I believe is what they were really designed around. The 408 pickups have a unique sound to me that are extremely versatile; they sound as mellow and edgy as you like. But to say they approach position 2 and 4 tones, I wouldn’t go there. What would REALLY interest me is a 408 pickup that was specifically and uniquely wound for the middle position. A pipe dream, I know, but perhaps the NF is better suited, and that’s why we have the 20th Anni PS and now the Special SH. Let’s just say I’m very interested in the possibilities...

Have you seen this video from Paul re his Experience Paul’s Guitar? It’s kinda vague and I’m not sure what they actually changed - but he’s saying they’ve modified the narrow 408, partly to be more accurate in single coil mode.

I've created a NGD thread, with some nicer photos, of my Special Semi-Hollow procurement from Experience 2018. Here's a different one from the photo session for taste:

bBs8DIg.jpg

Have you seen this video from Paul re his Experience Paul’s Guitar? It’s kinda vague and I’m not sure what they actually changed - but he’s saying they’ve modified the narrow 408, partly to be more accurate in single coil mode.

I did see that, and I was impressed. I’m not sure how much different it would be from a guitar I already have, but hey, more guitars is better.

Awww, Hell....... I done gone and done'd it............. aCk!!! o_O:eek::confused::cool:

Retirement Present (retiring Jan 5th, 2019).

Order Contents
  • Checkbox 1887 label
    Specal-Semi-Hollow-LTD_Full-Body__74569.1528403506.jpg

$X,XXX.00
    1 × Pre-Order PRS Special 22 Semi-Hollow Limited Edition ($xxxx) Pre-Order Deposit
    Choose Your Special Semi Hollow Limited Edition Color:
    Fire Red Burst
    Top Options:
    Artist Pack Special LE Upgrade (+$xxxx)
Subtotal:
$x,xxx.00
Grand Total:
$x,xxx.00
Order Details
Order status:
Awaiting Fulfillment
Order date:
Jul 28th 2018
Order total:
$X,XXX.00
Payment method:
PayPal
Ship To

Awww, Hell....... I done gone and done'd it............. aCk!!! o_O:eek::confused::cool:

Retirement Present (retiring Jan 5th, 2019).

Order Contents
  • Checkbox 1887 label
    Specal-Semi-Hollow-LTD_Full-Body__74569.1528403506.jpg

$X,XXX.00
    1 × Pre-Order PRS Special 22 Semi-Hollow Limited Edition ($xxxx) Pre-Order Deposit
    Choose Your Special Semi Hollow Limited Edition Color:
    Fire Red Burst
    Top Options:
    Artist Pack Special LE Upgrade (+$xxxx)
Subtotal:
$x,xxx.00
Grand Total:
$x,xxx.00
Order Details
Order status:
Awaiting Fulfillment
Order date:
Jul 28th 2018
Order total:
$X,XXX.00
Payment method:
PayPal
Ship To

You WON'T be sorry!

Had to let my boy Rob at Moore make the order... He's supposed to be trying to get Paul to sign the back of the guitar "Happy retirement, Will Paul Reed Smith"
I'd pay extra if I had to... hehehe.

Back