Prs special semi-hollow limited (core super eagle?)

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Elliot, Jun 9, 2018.

1. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

I think the AP one off orders move to the back of the line, repeatedly. Core and WL always get done in a more timely fashion. My perception is that the AP is a one built on the Core assembly line (unlike the one off PS), and has to wait until there are enough similar in fashion to warrant a build. I could be completely wrong, but it sure seems that way. Our WL 509 were April to October/November. Most AP builds go twice that, at least.

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  2. Glide-bpm

Glide-bpm We were small but we were slow...

It will be my last special order that isn't a dealer Wood Library run or a Private Stock...
    Bordering on ridiculous.

bodia likes this.
  3. SupremeDalek

SupremeDalek Exterminate!

And if someone in the organization doesn't recognize this as an issue then they've lost it. Orders shouldn't be bumped back for stock. I seriously hope that this isn't true.

Glide-bpm likes this.
  4. T-Rex

T-Rex New Member

Brett from Eddie’s posted pictures of wood library selections for three out of four different wood library batches back in July...around July 20, 21, and 25 of 2018.
    They just started receiving their guitars for the batch posted from July 20, 2018.

Hopefully that means that your individual July AP order will be made soon. Waiting is super hard to do, especially for something extremely cool!

brett, Alnus Rubra and Glide-bpm like this.
  5. Glide-bpm

Yeah, I'm not pissed off or anything. Just commentary/opinion.

I hoped/figured they must have placed their WL orders last year before or about the same time we all special ordered. It's my retirement gift with a signed back plate wishing me a happy retirement from Paul. Color was chosen to closely match my electrical engineering school alma mater, University of South Carolina. :cool:

6. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Hang in there Will!

Glide-bpm likes this.
  7. Teletex

Teletex New Member

Sorry you're having to wait so long. I can say though that the wait will totally be worth it. These guitars are as special as the name implies.

Glide-bpm likes this.
  8. Glide-bpm

It is what it is... I'm not exactly depressed with 23 guitars, over half of which are PRS. Not the biggest collection, but even if you only had one great guitar with PRS on the headstock (or an eagle), that is a luxury already. Every other one is a bonus in guitar blessings!

g.wizz, Teletex and bodia like this.
  9. Alnus Rubra

You’re a lucky guy Will, retirement, 23 guitars !

You’re gonna love the new one when it arrives.:D

10. Glide-bpm

Still claiming delivery by the end of October for my Artist Special 22 LE semi-hollow.

I'll believe it when I get the PayPal invoice for the final $1560... LoL!!! o_O:cool:

veinbuster and bodia like this.
  11. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

Yeah, as I tell my wife over such similar things: if you see it and really want it and are willing to pay the asking price, and there is only one, then get it now, do not hesitate, for it is likely someone else will snag it.

OTOH, keep looking, eventually another one will pop up, maybe for a bit more or less, maybe in a different finish you also find appealing (or more appealing).

There are about 100 guitars that I would have snagged if I had unlimited funds available, because they were great guitars at great prices. But I had to blink, and they were gone.

Joesnewmatch, Glide-bpm and bodia like this.
  12. shinksma

I feel for ya, bro! I have had a non-special order, regular non-10 top SC594SH on order since August 2018. It was originally due in May. Then June. Then July. You get the idea. I'm sure the factory is pumping stuff out as fast as they can, and I bet right now they are producing a bunch of pre-orders or "factory stock" guitars for the (likely, possibly) imminent release of the new 2020 core models.

Just a bit frustrating, because I see used ones pop up in mint-like condition for less than I now owe after my deposit...

Glide-bpm likes this.
  13. Glide-bpm

Yeah, honestly, had I known they would have Wood Library versions of this guitar available, I would have never ordered and just waited for them to hit the stores.

bodia likes this.
  14. banditcosmo

banditcosmo New Member

Looks like PRS has taken the Special Semi-hollow page down. I get a blank page when I try to access it.

15. Mozzi

Mozzi https://imgur.com/user/BAMozzy/posts

Well it is a 'Limited Edition' model so I guess that its run is over and cannot be ordered....

16. shinksma

It couldn't be ordered after 30 Sept 2018, in theory. I suspect they just left it up there for a year so folks could look up the specs when buying a spec guitar from a dealer.

17. banditcosmo

banditcosmo New Member

I have one and love it I just sometimes like to look at the product page. I wish I had downloaded the page. There are still quite a few (169) for sale on Reverb. I wonder how many they ended up making?

bodia and veinbuster like this.
  18. jazzgtrl4

jazzgtrl4 New Member

Hi new here and just picked up one in Trampas green, this thing is killer...i like green guitars...lol

[​IMG]

19. Alnus Rubra

Welcome and wow! What a way to join up here!

jazzgtrl4 and bodia like this.
  20. shimmilou

shimmilou Established in 1963

Beautiful guitar! Congrats

jazzgtrl4 likes this.