Prs special semi-hollow limited (core super eagle?)

Out of curiosity, is there any other guitars out there that is THIS versatile (except for the super eagle)?

Also, just a quick tone report, I find that these pickups are very full and sweet, even when tapped. I have never tried the regular 58/15 so I don't have something to compare it to. I much prefer these to the 58/15 LTs on the 594's tho, the LTs were a little too dark for my taste.

Out of curiosity, is there any other guitars out there that is THIS versatile (except for the super eagle)?

Also, just a quick tone report, I find that these pickups are very full and sweet, even when tapped. I have never tried the regular 58/15 so I don't have something to compare it to. I much prefer these to the 58/15 LTs on the 594's tho, the LTs were a little too dark for my taste.

509 and 513

Hey, all! I’m brand new here and thus I’m prevented from posting a link. That said I bought my SSH22 this month and it’s incredible. Much like some of you, I wanted a Super Eagle type experience without the cost. I bought a charcoal burst from Midwood after seeing Daniel Donato’s video on YouTube with the very same guitar. Nothing but flawless Dead and Mayer licks, and I was an easy target to buy. Again, I wish I could post the video.

I’ve found that with my rig and this guitar I can produce VERY convincing Dead & Company type tones

Hey, all! I’m brand new here and thus I’m prevented from posting a link. That said I bought my SSH22 this month and it’s incredible. Much like some of you, I wanted a Super Eagle type experience without the cost. I bought a charcoal burst from Midwood after seeing Daniel Donato’s video on YouTube with the very same guitar. Nothing but flawless Dead and Mayer licks, and I was an easy target to buy. Again, I wish I could post the video.

I’ve found that with my rig and this guitar I can produce VERY convincing Dead & Company type tones

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your NGD!

Welcome!
I assume this is your guitar? ;)

I assume that others, like me were originally attracted to the SSH based upon its relative similarities to the Super Eagle. Clearly they’re similar, but one of the major differences is the SSH’s lack of an onboard preamp/buffer and treble boost. After considering all options I stumbled across the Farm Pedals Boost Of The Dead. This dual sided pedal has a buffer based upon Garcia’s Tiger and a Stratoblaster. It’s my understanding that these two sides are similar to the Super Eagle, and certainly similar to Tiger and Alligator guitars. The buffer is subtle, but definitely adds something to the clarity and the booster is just awesome.

I have no affiliation with Farm Pedals. I simply realize that there are people who’d like to get as much out of the SSH as possible, while acknowledging the Super Eagle

Cant post a full picture yet, but here's a link to mine. Got it from Midwood Guitar Studio
https://imgur.com/UPeSidJ
Looks like it's the sister guitar to the one above
I'm really digging the versatility of this guitar, I thought my Signature Limited was versatile, this thing just about does it all

Yes indeed! These things are a beautiful Swiss Army knives. Oddly enough, I’ve been able to nail some of the most famous, recorded Strat tones with this guitar. Shouldn’t be possible but this thing is just that good.

Cant post a full picture yet, but here's a link to mine. Got it from Midwood Guitar Studio
https://imgur.com/UPeSidJ
Looks like it's the sister guitar to the one above
I'm really digging the versatility of this guitar, I thought my Signature Limited was versatile, this thing just about does it all

Sweet! Congrats!

I couldn’t resist. Here’s mine:
m1Q9W8K.jpg

Back