PRS Special Semi Hollow 10 top question

Igotsoul4u

Well. I have never drooled more over a guitar. This one seemingly has it all for me. The one thing I don't quite understand is why the NF pickup does not have it's own position. It seems to only work as a buddy for the neck and bridge. I really love the middle NF on my swamp ash studio and was hoping to have the same tonal flavor.

Is it possible I am misunderstanding the wiring of my SAS? It has the humbucker bridge and NF middle/neck.

Well. I have never drooled more over a guitar. This one seemingly has it all for me. The one thing I don't quite understand is why the NF pickup does not have it's own position. It seems to only work as a buddy for the neck and bridge. I really love the middle NF on my swamp ash studio and was hoping to have the same tonal flavor.

Is it possible I am misunderstanding the wiring of my SAS? It has the humbucker bridge and NF middle/neck.

No, you understand it correctly. The NF can only be paired with the two HBs in positions 2 and 4. Position 3 gets you both HBs. I was kind of bummed by this at first, but the tones with the MT pickups combined with the NF are glorious! It is such a phenomenal guitar. I could be happy with just it. Not that I only want to have one! Anyway, you could mod it to also include the NF by itself. I think someone was talking about doing that in one of the other threads about the Spec SH Ltd....could have been in someones NGD thread, too.

At any rate, I would say, GET ONE! You will not regret it.

I'm sure you could add a Push pull tone pot to engage just then NF in the center but I am really happy with the guitar as is the MT pickup split with the NF is a KILLER combo !!!! and I can see why the went this way, also having the two hum buckers active in the center position works for me!!! as you can play all kinds of games with the mini toggles

Back