PRS Sonzera

And now the asian amps bear the "core" logo, as SE guitars from now on.
Interesting... maybe a first step to consider the asian PRS products as series manufacturing and redirect the core line to a more boutique one?

I recall these being mentioned last
NAMM on one of the YouTube channels then it was quickly edited
It sounded like they wereSe Archon type amps
I wonder if the delay in release was
A re voicing especially since Tremonti has a signature
Line coming perhaps the focus
Of the Sonzera changed

I have no reason to need one of these. At all. I have my Custom 50. I don't need one. Nor do I want one.

Wait.

Nope.

I want one.

50 watt heads, stay away from me, that I might not be delivered to temptation.

Is it safe to say that these are printed circuit board amps which are make in China? The thing that I am always concerned about with PCB amps is how well will they hold up to being beaten and banged around while traveling around doing shows. Marshall had a huge problem with China made amps as I have been told.

I have no reason to need one of these. At all. I have my Custom 50. I don't need one. Nor do I want one.

Wait.

Nope.

I want one.

50 watt heads, stay away from me, that I might not be delivered to temptation.
I hear ya.... plus it's only $xxx! Few demos so far obviously, but the ones I heard today sounded freaking great for $xxx new!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it safe to say that these are printed circuit board amps which are make in China? The thing that I am always concerned about with PCB amps is how well will they hold up to being beaten and banged around while traveling around doing shows. Marshall had a huge problem with China made amps as I have been told.
From the website "power tube sockets are mounted directly to the steel chassis, and no push-on connections are used – all wires are soldered." This wasn't the case for the Marshall amps made in "Jiiiina".

I found what's in the combo

•Speaker: 1x12 Celestion V-Type
So I am relatively uneducated regarding the nuances (or lack thereof) of amp cabinet speakers.

Is that speaker so-so, good, great value, candidate for upgrade if you are choosy, etc?

So I am relatively uneducated regarding the nuances (or lack thereof) of amp cabinet speakers.

Is that speaker so-so, good, great value, candidate for upgrade if you are choosy, etc?

I did some looking regarding those yesterday when I saw what was in the combos - from what I read, regarded as a decent speaker despite being a more budget minded model. Somewhere between a G12H and Greenback tonally, based off reports from users. Which isn't a bad place to be.

I did some looking regarding those yesterday when I saw what was in the combos - from what I read, regarded as a decent speaker despite being a more budget minded model. Somewhere between a G12H and Greenback tonally, based off reports from users. Which isn't a bad place to be.
This is stock in the Fender '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb. It sounds pretty good in that amp.

I want a 20 watt head! Combos aren't my thing unless I'm on a road trip and am hungry. Then, it's Pepperoni pizza pretzel flavored. Man those things are so bad for you.

With VERY few exceptions, all PC Boards for everything are made in China. All industrial products and automotive and space products use PC Boards. These environments (cars and factories and spacecraft) are a million times more destructive than dropping an amp off a truck. No reason to assume that a PC Board is less reliable than hand-wiring. The reliability is about how the mechanical connections are made. If the PCB and tubes and connections are supported mechanically properly, they will be reliable.

Back