PRS Sonzera

Looks like a new version of the SE lineup has arrived
Agree, but no push on connectors and the tubes aren't on the PCB. Price is half the old versions. How'd they do that with hand soldering?

Agree, but no push on connectors and the tubes aren't on the PCB. Price is half the old versions. How'd they do that with hand soldering?

Looks like we will be doing a tear down soon! I will use the company card and buy one for R&D

=)

Well, the product page and videos are live! Sounds great in the clips. Hopefully it sounds just as good in person!

Got mine :) try one before you decide, the TC is awesome......

Not even in the same ballpark either. The TC is a classic flavored modern amp that can get classic sounds but can be a fire breathing gain saturated shred beast. Looks like the new PRS amps are geared specifically to the classic/vintage budget crowd. With only 3 pre-amp tubes in the gain stage, you aren't going to be playing much modern music on it. Whereas a TC can stretch into many territories.

Not even in the same ballpark either. The TC is a classic flavored modern amp that can get classic sounds but can be a fire breathing gain saturated shred beast. Looks like the new PRS amps are geared specifically to the classic/vintage budget crowd. With only 3 pre-amp tubes in the gain stage, you aren't going to be playing much modern music on it. Whereas a TC can stretch into many territories.

Agree from what is shown in the videos, but I am confused as the blurbs released earlier mention they can get saturated and I watched all the videos and maybe I missed the demo of the filth-ability of these amps?

Wow, these look very tasty indeed!

The 20W combo seems like what I would want to choose for some easy portability, but that 50W head looks like a nice complement to my Archon 100W head...

Yeah, I know:

GET BOTH!

Back