PRS Single Cut SemiHollow? Info is appreciated!

Tele81

First off hello there this is my first post here although I've owned several PRS guitars. My first was a 92 custom 22 I've also owned a SAS and an MC58 . Well I've just picked up a new 2007 PRS Single Cut. I noticed on the tags it was labeled a SH singlecut. I emailed customer service and they confirmed it was a Single Cut Semi hollow model in jet white. Anyone else's own one of these? The guitar seems to be pretty rare any info on this would be great! Also how do I gauge a value on one of these not seeing any others out there. Thanks!

First off hello there this is my first post here although I've owned several PRS guitars. My first was a 92 custom 22 I've also owned a SAS and an MC58 . Well I've just picked up a new 2007 PRS Single Cut. I noticed on the tags it was labeled a SH singlecut. I emailed customer service and they confirmed it was a Single Cut Semi hollow model in jet white. Anyone else's own one of these? The guitar seems to be pretty rare any info on this would be great! Also how do I gauge a value on one of these not seeing any others out there. Thanks!
Congrats on the new-to-you guitar!

The value is up to the market forces. If no-one ever wants that guitar ever again, it is worthless. If someone with a whack of money suddenly wants that guitar "today" at any cost, it is worth a huge amount. Because PRS makes a lot of low-quantity runs and dealer-special-orders and other "one-offs", there is only so much uniqueness the market can bear at a premium price. Right now, your guitar is probably worth about the same as any other opaque-finish Singlecut from the same era.

Congrats on the new-to-you guitar!

The value is up to the market forces. If no-one ever wants that guitar ever again, it is worthless. If someone with a whack of money suddenly wants that guitar "today" at any cost, it is worth a huge amount. Because PRS makes a lot of low-quantity runs and dealer-special-orders and other "one-offs", there is only so much uniqueness the market can bear at a premium price. Right now, your guitar is probably worth about the same as any other opaque-finish Singlecut from the same era.

Thanks. Yeah prices seem all over the place. Just haven't seen any semi hollows around. I know there is quite a difference in value between full hollows and the solid bodies. Thanks for the response.

I have one purchased new in 2007. It was a special run made for Martin Music, Jack Gretz' shop, and Chuck Levin's. 30 for each store. As of not long ago, chuck's still had a couple unsold.

Shipped with 7's (pickups) and mine has mixed hardware. They announced it not long after I said to someone that I wished PRS had a guitar that was in between my HB1 and my Singlecut.

I have one purchased new in 2007. It was a special run made for Martin Music, Jack Gretz' shop, and Chuck Levin's. 30 for each store. As of not long ago, chuck's still had a couple unsold.

Shipped with 7's (pickups) and mine has mixed hardware. They announced it not long after I said to someone that I wished PRS had a guitar that was in between my HB1 and my Singlecut.

How are you liking yours? What color? I'm digging the feel of the guitar but I find the neck pup a little dark and undefined for my taste.

Violin amber sunburst. I actually had the 7s swapped with 57/08s during a promotion in 2009.

I played it a lot for a couple of years. I prefer my DGTs, but the singlecut is always a treat to play.

...I find the neck pup a little dark and undefined for my taste.
Just a thought, but I'd think the #7's would not be the best match for a hollowbody. I think they are perfect for the solid body SC's but the HB would emphasize the mids. I'd think the newer 59/09's would be a much better match. They are super clear with lots of top end. Try raising the #7's higher but maybe getting some 59/09's is a good idea.

Back