15169804031_3c2b9b72b4_b.jpg

23816330931_fef6fbbf48_b.jpg

19753496692_1e7cb4b383_b.jpg

19783337466_6722ba62b5_b.jpg

I had a feeling that you might say that...

...I had one previously and just never bonded with it, but that could've been the p'ups in combination with the finished neck. Ever since I got my first RW PRS I've been ruined; RW, Satin or sanded...just something to get that smooooooooooth feeling.

Anyways...it was a nice guitar though:
GDotHQl.jpg
Totally get where you are coming from on the neck feel. I love RW necks the most, but I like the other woods in the HG Nitro finish. I don’t like the V12 finish feel. For Core guitars, that’s why I’ve come around to prefer Satin finishes versus V12.

BOOM! Mic drop! :)
Mic drop you say (not that I'm gonna get into *any* kind of competition with Steve)...

...how about my first Private Stock; # 4556 - a.k.a. Cover-Girl 2015:
KFCf7ll.jpg

I bought the guitar at the first Brian's Guitar clinic that I went to. Paul found out that I was on the fence about buying it...so he played "catch" with it for a while (horrifying to watch). This one guitar was like a gateway drug into PS territory for me; shortly after the Zombie 408 SC was placed on order and the rest is history!
m8RvW8C.jpg

Doubt I will EVER see another top with such a WIDE quilt that stayed so symmetrical after being carved, but ultimately the guitar was sold to make way for something else.

Mic drop you say (not that I'm gonna get into *any* kind of competition with Steve)...

KFCf7ll.jpg

I bought the guitar at the first Brian's Guitar clinic that I went to. Paul found out that I was on the fence about buying it...so he played "catch" with it for a while (horrifying to watch). This one guitar was like a gateway drug into PS territory for me; shortly after the Zombie 408 SC was placed on order and the rest is history!
m8RvW8C.jpg

Doubt I will EVER see another top with such a WIDE quilt that stayed so symmetrical after being carved, but ultimately the guitar was sold to make way for something else.
Now now, Mic drop was clearly for a one piece quilt, cocobolo neck SCT ONLY in a Fade finish (Desert Fade? Not sure what the color is, but it’s gorgeous!) :D

You don’t know this, but I stalked that SC in Faded AV several times since it was first built! Sloan just sold it a few months ago to another forum member I think? Agree, that one certainly was a beauty! But for PRS, I prefer SCT or P245 Trem.

Vaughn,

did you get a second Archon as a back up, or do you run both in your rig setup at the same time?
Also love the two charcoal SC's, what are the main tone differences between the two?
Yeah, the 2nd is a backup. I keep it at home unless we gig.
Edit: I keep el34 in one and 6L6 in the other. When I record, I track with one and double it with the other(usually with different guitars).

The stripped 58 and the SCHB II were very different animals. The HB was brighter but did have a deep resonance and percussive tone. The 58 sounded like a good SC does. Hard to do a super direct comparison since I had them in different tunings the whole time. Unfortunately I don’t have either anymore. Both got sold to help fund my PS. I need some charcoal or similar back in my life again.

Last edited:

KFCf7ll.jpg

m8RvW8C.jpg

I really wish I coulda snagged your calendar girl.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a sc250. Saw a great one on reverb the other day, but didn't pull the trigger in time

Back