OH MY WORD!!!! Like a meteorite of pure awesomeness landed and PRS turned it into an epic guitar. Remember to use this for good, not jazz! :D

I as going to put a stinger on my build, but Tina talked me out of it. Now I wish I kept it in the specs!

Thanks Paul, I'm ecstatic with the way I turned out. I love how this buckeye has some flame like figure on it as well. I personally love the stinger and it's mandatory on any guitar I spec from scratch. I believe my 7 stringer was the first time they applied it on one of their electric guitars as they've done it a few times in their acoustics. It's not for everyone, but I think it's awesome.

Last edited:
Doooooood! So that's what the Gucci one looks like...I've never actually seen it...GENIUS! I'm still saving up for a particular Bernie as we speak...adulting keeps getting in the friggin way...yeah, I think I'm just gonna stop doing that...

Oops......

Like a “Re-Pete”! :)

All three look great. Curious about the tone difference between the McCarty SC and the SC245 (P245?). The ME is spectacular.
Strangely enough, the one of the three I'd most likely sell would be the ME 1. Character defect, I reckon.

The SC is a bit more straight up "LP-ish".....57/08 pups and no coil splits. The SC245 is much more. 59/09s, THAT top, separate coil taps, piezo, "sinker mahogany" neck. I am still trying to understand why anyone would ever let it go! And it is the reason I plan to sell my DC245 (PS) with 59/09s, piezo and TigerEye quilt.....

Strangely enough, the one of the three I'd most likely sell would be the ME 1. Character defect, I reckon.

The SC is a bit more straight up "LP-ish".....57/08 pups and no coil splits. The SC245 is much more. 59/09s, THAT top, separate coil taps, piezo, "sinker mahogany" neck. I am still trying to understand why anyone would ever let it go! And it is the reason I plan to sell my DC245 (PS) with 59/09s, piezo and TigerEye quilt.....
Oh, I agree of the three, the ME is likely the ‘easist’ to let go. That DC245 you have looks terrific too!

Makes sense on the tone reports given the character of the model specs.

Thanks Paul, I'm ecstatic with the way I turned out. I love how this buckeye has some flame like figure on it as well. I personally love the stinger and it's mandatory on any guitar I spec from scratch. I believe my 7 stringer was the first time they applied it on one of their electric guitars as they've done it a few times in their acoustics. It's not for everyone, but I think it's awesome.
I think stingers look great. I was going to do matching quilt from the top for a stinger and back plates. Cost started getting a bit too large so I paired back some items.

Only if it gets in the way of buying a guitar! Or worse, you have to sell one to fund the roof.
There will be no buying for some time. There is already a lot of building going on! Looks like they’ll hit on consecutive months for July, Aug and Sept (mango 3/4 size acoustic, PRS PS and Huber builds).

I’ve been in sell mode this year before this came up to pay for the builds.

No ‘forced’ selling.....yet related to the roof bombshell. (Crosses fingers)

How bout this one?

I’m not a green guy that that is gorgeous. I think a I saw a Blue Matteo with that quilt pattern a few years ago. How many guitars have you and Howie traded over the years?

I blame everyone in this thread for my upcoming ngd.
I should have this by mid week.
2013 Sc245 artist.
Screenshot_20180526-133535.png

Can't f*#king wait!!

Back