PRS Silver Sky hardshell case

RJK Tech

Does anyone know if the case PRS is currently selling for the Silver Sky is designed specifically to fit that guitar and only that guitar?

I ordered this case direct from PRS and the Silver Sky does not fit. The body cavity in the case is too small.

Unfortunately, the only person that is reachable at PRS is the lady that answers the telephone. No one else will bother to return a telephone call. PRS if you are reading this you need to get your act together.

The person that answers the telephone said she thought the case was a multi-fit case. The PRS accessory store seems to indicate it's only for the Silver Sky.

So I'm trying to figure out what the real story is on these cases.

Does anyone know if the case PRS is currently selling for the Silver Sky is designed specifically to fit that guitar and only that guitar?

I ordered this case direct from PRS and the Silver Sky does not fit. The body cavity in the case is too small.

Unfortunately, the only person that is reachable at PRS is the lady that answers the telephone. No one else will bother to return a telephone call. PRS if you are reading this you need to get your act together.

The person that answers the telephone said she thought the case was a multi-fit case. The PRS accessory store seems to indicate it's only for the Silver Sky.

So I'm trying to figure out what the real story is on these cases.
Send an email to [email protected] is your best bet. And remember, they're partially re-opened after being closed for a couple of months. A little bit of a back log.

A picture of the guitar in the case will clear things up.
My guess is that they sent you a PRS case for a regular shaped PRS... I believe the case for the silver sky is different.
If it means anything, my Strat doesn't fit the regular PRS case...

There are two types of PRS cases, the regular PRS case that fits most everything does not fit the silver sky. If you head to a sales websites (sweetwater, ect.) you'll find they have two types of cases.

Yeah they sent the wrong case. My SS will not fit in my CU 22 case. The PRS SS case I bought for it is several inches longer than the CU case.

Same story a year later. I ordered a Silver Sky case from dealer who claimed to have them in stock and the exact same thing happened as last year.

The guitar won’t fit properly in the case, yet again.

There is something odd going on with these Silver Sky cases. PRS and dealers are having a difficult time shipping the correct cases.

PRS did get the correct case shipped to me last year after returning the incorrect one. This year the dealer sent the exact same incorrect case to me that PRS did last year.

If you get a case for your for silver sky and have to force fit it into the case it’s the wrong case. Don’t accept it.

Two things about the wrong case.

First, the body size is close and you can force the body into it.

Second, and bigger issue, the piece that cradles the neck has neck shaped carve in it. That neck shaped carve is WAY off and won’t cradle the neck properly without placing undue torque on the neck joint.

If you experience this, it’s the wrong case.

After going through this directly with PRS, once i got the correct case, the body fit and neck cradle carve was perfect.

If you buy a Silver Sky case i’d recommend having the seller or dealer test fit a Silver Sky into it while paying attention to the above two observations.

I hope this helps someone else avoid the frustration of dealing with the wrong case arriving via shipment.

My SS case shape is the shape of a SS. My 594 case is the shape of a 594, and my Custom 24 is the shape of a Custom 24. Pretty obvious the SS case is an SS case since it won’t fit in either of the other cases.

The Nebula didn’t drop in first time though, so I squeezed the tight areas with my fingers and it drops right in now. Consider the act a required adjustment since it wasn’t shipped in a hard case. My Lunar Ice is in a (forgive me Paul) Fender Strat case that can take either a Strat or Tele. Fits in there fine, and I had it kicking around so I put it to good use. Neck support is fine in both cases. I like to store at home in a hard case. The soft SS cases are excellent and light so I keep them also.

I bet your case needs some squeezing to make it a perfect fit. Give it a try?

I would quit trying to buy cases from that seller. They clearly don't have what you need. Unfortunately niether does the West Street Store, as they show the JMSS cases as "Out Of Stock"

My SS case shape is the shape of a SS. My 594 case is the shape of a 594, and my Custom 24 is the shape of a Custom 24. Pretty obvious the SS case is an SS case since it won’t fit in either of the other cases.

The Nebula didn’t drop in first time though, so I squeezed the tight areas with my fingers and it drops right in now. Consider the act a required adjustment since it wasn’t shipped in a hard case. My Lunar Ice is in a (forgive me Paul) Fender Strat case that can take either a Strat or Tele. Fits in there fine, and I had it kicking around so I put it to good use. Neck support is fine in both cases. I like to store at home in a hard case. The soft SS cases are excellent and light so I keep them also.

I bet your case needs some squeezing to make it a perfect fit. Give it a try?

If it didn’t fit right in it’s probably the wrong case. The correct case does not require any press fitting when it’s new. My guess is the cradle is misaligned too.

I would quit trying to buy cases from that seller. They clearly don't have what you need. Unfortunately niether does the West Street Store, as they show the JMSS cases as "Out Of Stock"

“That” seller is both the PRS Store and now a long time dealer in the most recent purchase.

Wow! Sorry for your troubles there. I've never had a bit of troble with the West Street Store.

I found out the problem. The case Mfr TKL has been making batches of cases for PRS where the neck cradle has been installed wrong. The dealer i’m working with has apparently had multiple batches with bad cases.

And another bad case arrived today after dealer assured me they test fit an SS into the case. I’m so happy.

I give up.

Save the rest of us some ass pain (if you are willing) and post images of the case with the incorrectly installed neck cradle. That will help us identify a jacked-up case before it even gets shipped.

My thanks, in advance.

Back