PRS Signature Strings

I've been a long time Daddario user and picked up a pack of these, the signature ones, and I might be a convert. Strings can be very subjective but I love these (09-42) . Anyone else liking these?
Well, what do you like about them?

I've only seen pictures, but I like how they go all the way from the bridge to the tuners. I've had some shorter strings, and they just don't hold a tuning.
They are slinky feeling though.

I hope we get an answer to my question. With something like strings, there are reasons I prefer one over another. They feel different, sound different, bend differently (have different tension) etc., so (like many other things) if someone says "I like this better" I want to know WHY to know if I'm interested.

Just like each of us hearing different things from our guitars, we hear different things from our strings, I find them incredibly even from top to bottom, but with slightly fuller bass response on the low E and A. They also don’t lose their brightness after break-in. And they last. The NYXL’s are slightly brighter to my ears, all the way across. I like the sound especially on single coil pickups. When the NYXL’s get older, they seem to die a quick and toneless death.

Haven't tried PRS Signatures yet. Tried D'Addario XTs and Elixir Nanowebs, and both my Taylor acoustic and my PRS SE24 prefer the Elixirs. Or I do.

Haven't tried PRS Signatures yet. Tried D'Addario XTs and Elixir Nanowebs, and both my Taylor acoustic and my PRS SE24 prefer the Elixirs. Or I do.
+1 on the Elixirs here. I used Ball and GHS prior, and found the Elixirs sound better longer to me, and are comfortable to my fingers. It's a personal choice, and I have these on all of mine. That's the point, you just need to get a set and put them on your guitar. It's the only real answer.

+1 on the Elixirs here. I used Ball and GHS prior, and found the Elixirs sound better longer to me, and are comfortable to my fingers. It's a personal choice, and I have these on all of mine. That's the point, you just need to get a set and put them on your guitar. It's the only real answer.
+2....I’m an Optiweb user.

I like both the Signature and Classic PRS strings, I recently tried both against each other, and my previous preferred sets (DR Pure Blues and Tite Fits, depending on the guitar), and they compared well.

The Signature strings, to me, are like EMG pickups or Floyd loaded guitars, in that people say the guitar starts to sound more like the pickups, or like a Floyd, than anything else. I’m not a big fan of either of those items, but in the case of these strings, it’s a good thing, even though they start to dictate the tone more, they sound very good. The wound strings are punchy and articulate, the plain strings are very slightly warmer sounding than average, just to avoid being harsh. I think it aligns with what Paul said players were looking for and finding in the 594, very articulate down low but smooth and not harsh on high notes.

I’ve tried them on a few guitars and they sound great every time. That being said, I’ve only got 2, maybe 3 that I’ll continue to use them on, because some of my other guitars, I want to let other characteristics of the instrument shine through, and I don’t want all my guitars to sound the same. They feel essentially the same as the Classics and my former DR’s.

Oh, and yes, mine have also lasted a long time and kept their tone and brightness, like @dogrocketp mentioned!

Elixirs here as well. I had the NYXL on mine and just had to change them. Only on there for a week and they were corroding.

Got a couple of packs as well as a couple of packs of their Classic strings for Christmas. Haven't put the Signatures on anything, yet, but will soon. Looking forward to trying them and seeing how they compare to the Classic series.

I didn't realise there was a second line of PRS strings until I saw this thread. My PRS is still new, and I'm on the original strings.
Looking at the announcement on https://www.prsguitars.com/index.ph...ies_strings_to_complement_classic_series_line, I see “I really like these strings…to the point that we are switching over our Maryland electric guitar production to these strings this year,”
So I guess I'm on the signatures?
To be honest I'd never thought about the strings that go on new guitars - I sort of assumed that guitars would be set up and strung in the guitar shop, not the factory.

Back