PRS Signature Strings

One alternative is to purchase a pack of each and make up your own mind.

No puns, just a suggestion.

After all, I don’t want to be accused of stringing you along, you can gauge your own reaction;)

Speaking of strings, does anyone remember why I switched from 9s to 10s?

I just watched a video and I may need to go back to 9s again...

One alternative is to purchase a pack of each and make up your own mind.

No puns, just a suggestion.

After all, I don’t want to be accused of stringing you along, you can gauge your own reaction;)
Usually, this is how I'd decide which thing I like best - get one of each and do A/B comparison. However, that's difficult in this case. If I were to try one for a week, then swap to the other, I'd probably prefer whichever I do second, as I'd be immediately comparing week-old strings against new, and my memory wouldn't be accurate enough to compare fairly.
If I go for simultaneous testing, one set would be on a Core PRS, the other on an Epiphone standard. I'm going to like the feel of the PRS, regardless of strings.
This is surely not an excuse to get a second core PRS so I have two comparable-quality guitars?!

Usually, this is how I'd decide which thing I like best - get one of each and do A/B comparison. However, that's difficult in this case. If I were to try one for a week, then swap to the other, I'd probably prefer whichever I do second, as I'd be immediately comparing week-old strings against new, and my memory wouldn't be accurate enough to compare fairly.
If I go for simultaneous testing, one set would be on a Core PRS, the other on an Epiphone standard. I'm going to like the feel of the PRS, regardless of strings.
This is surely not an excuse to get a second core PRS so I have two comparable-quality guitars?!

I think you owe it to yourself! And us ;)

I just put a set of Signature 10's on my 245 last night. It is a much differant guitar now. The tone is more robust with equal levels of bass mids and trebles. I had been using 9's simply because that is what I've always used. They seem a little thready on the 245, so when i had the choice of 9's or 10's from the Signature Club, i figured why not. I'll try anything once.

Wow... read through this from last post and the puns were raging. It became quickly apparent that the creation of egg puns would not be over easy. I best be careful to not resurrect that and risk being placed on eggnore.

Back to the OP, though, I’d reiterate the point that your ears will be the deciding factor on what sounds best, if there’s a difference at all. It’s likely the strings put on at the factory were what happened to be on the bench at that moment, and no one may know for sure which they were. Trying them on your guitar with your ears listening is truly the best.

By the way, I like Elixirs because they feel good to my fingers and last several gigs between changes. They sound good. But in a shootout they might or might not be the ones I picked purely on sound. My feeling is that the possible difference is negligible in any real playing environment, and the other benefits pay real dividends I can quantify. That’s likely crosswise with many purists, but it works great for me!

These strings are nickel plated like the PRS standard strings, D'Addario XL and NYXL strings so they have a brighter signature. Dr Blues and XL Pure Nickel are pure nickel and have a warmer sound. I found on my Silver Sky, it does not quack as much with nickel strings, so I prefer nickel plated strings. As the Signature have more strength by the ball of the string, they don't break as often as this is a common area where strings can break. So far I am really liking these strings a lot.

Back