PRS Signature Strings

Before all the puns, enjoyable as they were, I did have a genuine question:
I didn't realise there was a second line of PRS strings until I saw this thread. My PRS is still new, and I'm on the original strings.
Looking at the announcement on https://www.prsguitars.com/index.ph...ies_strings_to_complement_classic_series_line, I see “I really like these strings…to the point that we are switching over our Maryland electric guitar production to these strings this year,”
So I guess I'm on the signatures?
To be honest I'd never thought about the strings that go on new guitars - I sort of assumed that guitars would be set up and strung in the guitar shop, not the factory.

Does anybody know if that statement is accurate? Is my guitar is likely to have signature or classic? I quite like them. I phoned the guitar shop and they said it would have come strung from the factory, not done in store. The hang-tag says they're size 10, but not the variety.

Does anybody know if that statement is accurate? Is my guitar is likely to have signature or classic? I quite like them. I phoned the guitar shop and they said it would have come strung from the factory, not done in store. The hang-tag says they're size 10, but not the variety.

The problem is that the statement doesn’t narrow down when the switch to the new strings will happen (assuming it hasn’t happened already).

Back