PRS SE Zach Myers - Trampas Green Subpar finishing

Hi everyone,
I'm new here; I received mine last week as well. It does have a little fading on the sides but not bad enough to return. I didn't notice until I took a second look after reading these threads. You really have to look at it. For some reason, I am annoyed by the plain truss rod cover. I prefer the ZM cover but would settle for at least the PRS cover. I should contact PRS regarding this not Sweetwater, right? I know it seems nitpicky but I just don't like the look and don't feel I should have to pay for another.

Thanks...

I have no doubts this'll be sorted out to your satisfaction. As I said in another thread 'PRS is better than this' and they are. There's never been a company that hasn't had the odd dud make it to the customer. It's how they deal with it afterwards (Read Customer Service) that shows the company for what they are. Sh*t happens, but PRS is one company that I'd wager a large amount of cash on making it right. Obviously, this is between you and the retailer, but I'm sure PRS will not allow QC to slip for any length of time.

My guy at Sweetwater is out today but they are working on it. As soon as I have any updates I'll post it here.

Yes - all of the SE's for North America are checked by 3 gentleman at the Maryland factory. Judging by the threads the last few days I would wage that only a handful slipped out with issues (some of which were dealer inflicted). I am sure PRS will make right with everyone and all will be good in the world.

Yes - all of the SE's for North America are checked by 3 gentleman at the Maryland factory. Judging by the threads the last few days I would wage that only a handful slipped out with issues (some of which were dealer inflicted). I am sure PRS will make right with everyone and all will be good in the world.
Dealer inflicted? Unless they sanded, repainted and re-stained several guitars, and then did a horrible job, then I kinda doubt the problems were Dealer inflicted. This was the majority of the problems, including mine. I doubt seriously that Sweetwater would put a huge ding in a guitar then ship it out.

So I got the same response of "That's just the maple cap and 3 piece body" after sending pics and an explanation. I reiterated the issue and they are asking me to send the guitar back so they can look it over as soon as I get the return label. In the meantime I'll be in on the next shipment due in a couple of weeks.

I don't know why it is so hard to see the stain/finish issues in the pictures but I guess I need to invest in a better camera. That's the 3rd time I've received that response from the pictures I posted. ;)

I certainly do appreciate their willingness to resolve the issue.

So I got the same response of "That's just the maple cap and 3 piece body" after sending pics and an explanation. I reiterated the issue and they are asking me to send the guitar back so they can look it over as soon as I get the return label. In the meantime I'll be in on the next shipment due in a couple of weeks.

I don't know why it is so hard to see the stain/finish issues in the pictures but I guess I need to invest in a better camera. That's the 3rd time I've received that response from the pictures I posted. ;)

Who told you that?

The lighting in your photos wasn't the best but I could see the defects easily...

Dealer inflicted? Unless they sanded, repainted and re-stained several guitars, and then did a horrible job, then I kinda doubt the problems were Dealer inflicted. This was the majority of the problems, including mine. I doubt seriously that Sweetwater would put a huge ding in a guitar then ship it out.

I'll bet he was referring to the damage on my bridge studs from Fret12

Last edited:
Are you asking who told me that I'd be on the next order or the comment about the pictures? Just realizing I might have misunderstood your question. :)
Who said you needed to return it so they could see it?

Who said you needed to return it so they could see it?

It was Marty Faley. I normally deal with another guy but he is out today.

From Marty~

"As you suspect, we are out of stock on this highly popular model. I'm showing we have a pretty large shipment due to arrive in about two weeks from now. So, I can offer to bring the guitar back here and have these issues verified for you. I'm just speculating this is all just wood grain based on the pictures. In person, it could be a completely different story. If that's the case, we'll put you at the top of the list when more stock arrives."

It was Marty Faley. I normally deal with another guy but he is out today.

From Marty~

"As you suspect, we are out of stock on this highly popular model. I'm showing we have a pretty large shipment due to arrive in about two weeks from now. So, I can offer to bring the guitar back here and have these issues verified for you. I'm just speculating this is all just wood grain based on the pictures. In person, it could be a completely different story. If that's the case, we'll put you at the top of the list when more stock arrives."
Sorry Tedder, I didn't follow your post all the back to the beginning, is Marty from Sweetwater?

Sorry Tedder, I didn't follow your post all the back to the beginning, is Marty from Sweetwater?

He is from SW. ;)

I am going to print out some pics and highlight the areas and point out where the cracks all are to make sure they don't miss anything. :laugh:

One of the threads is pertaining to something done by Fret 12 that wasn't a finish issue.

Point him to this thread, and he will see others that afflicted,, and some of them also are from Sweetwater.

Hi Fellas. I received my ZMSE yesterday after work. I am relieved to say there were no issues with it whatsoever. A relief for me but causes me to feel even worse for those who got something less than what was expected. Mine did come with a blank trc. I would have preferred a PRS one. Guess I'll be ordering one of those. No pics with this post. Everyone knows what they look like by now. LOL Mine is definitely on the green side. Nice top. Not anywhere near sergioleblanc's but I am happy with it. After work today I'll plug 'er in and wail away on it and discover what she fully sounds like. Best wishes to all.

Back