PRS SE Zach Myers Signature Review

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Whilst looking at some Archon vids, this new Zach Myers video popped up from September 23rd.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I posted this video from work right before I left, and I am just now watching it at home, as I did not have a chance to watch it at work.
I am only into it around seven minutes, and he knows diddly squat about the guitar.
Says it is made in Indonesia, has 8 gauge strings on it, come on dude, do your homework before you review a guitar.
You had it flipped over, you can see on the headstock where it is made.

Will get back to watching the rest, but I am trying to catch up on "Person Of Interest" too before I hit the hay in an hour :D

I bet they are 9s.
Obviosly the guitar is not set up.
Mine stays in tune for me, and I am very satisfied with mine.

I guess he does a lot of reviews, but I believe he gave this to low of a review.
Read the comments others left, a few have ZMs and like them.
The real Zack Myers also replied to him, and he was floored.

The real Zack Myers also replied to him, and he was floored.

Just looked...yea, he seems to be commenting on people's youtube videos who decide to do reviews. Nice guy. He converses with his fans on facebook as well. He had to have face palmed when he read the guy say "Burning Bright" ...that song is on Shinedown's first album wrote and performed by their original guitarist. Zach didn't become the bands guitarist until the third album was already done. I have to say I do enjoy what he's brought to the band though :)

Yes, Zach also commented on one of the members here from another country that did some great reviews, and one of the reviews was the ZM.
This guy has some other reviews including a 43 minute or so one on the Custom 24.
He did mention in the ZM review something about the toggle position, and I caught that right away.
He was dead wrong.

Like I said before, if you are going to review something, make sure you know more about the instrument and how it works.

...wow. Not going to watch it then :p And who in their right mind would put 8 gauge strings on a guitar period?

How about the good Reverend Billy Gibbons, Jimmy Page, Peter Frampton, among others.

Yes, Zach also commented on one of the members here from another country that did some great reviews, and one of the reviews was the ZM.
This guy has some other reviews including a 43 minute or so one on the Custom 24.
He did mention in the ZM review something about the toggle position, and I caught that right away.
He was dead wrong.

Like I said before, if you are going to review something, make sure you know more about the instrument and how it works.

I agree. The guy seems knowledgeable in general, but didn't do his homework on the ZM. Also, I think it's pretty cool that Zach is looking out for his signature model. I posted a pic and praise for it on Twitter shortly after I got mine, and Zach replied to it with some nice comments.

PRS SE Zach Myers 2014 Demo Playthrough: http://youtu.be/1403k7Sy8GI

Above is member Richard's demo.
Superb playing, and sounds in tune to me.
Yeah, the other guy should have had a proper setup done first, and I have played mine with the amp on full gain, sounds great and thick to me.

I watched the first several minutes and then skipped around. I saw only one part where he was actually playing anything. Less talk, more rock!!

PRS SE Zach Myers 2014 Demo Playthrough: http://youtu.be/1403k7Sy8GI

Above is member Richard's demo.
Superb playing, and sounds in tune to me.
Yeah, the other guy should have had a proper setup done first, and I have played mine with the amp on full gain, sounds great and thick to me.

Thanks Corey!
In my demo, the ZM is strung up with 11's (which I use on all guitars, regardless of scale length).
It was quite a quick and dirty kinda demo, as I was also shooting that one-hour monster PRS shoot out,
so shot this sorta in between other guitars in that demo.

And yeah, ZM did comment on mine as well, good on him :)

You are welcome Richard.

The reviewer just released another video of the ZM, take II.

Cool that he he went back and did this, but his tone still seems a little harsh for some reason.

Learning how to place a mic for a YouTube video should be job one for any reviewer.

New review

PRS American Vs. PRS SE - Shootout!

I do appreciate anyone taking the time to put together a demo like this,
I know first hand the time and and effort that goes into demo vids, so kudos!!

But, just my 5cent, a shootout like this is not helped by first playing guitar one, then talking for half the length of the
video before plugging in the second guitar. And, at least they could've put time markers in the YT-description to
help the viewer go directly from guitar a to guitar b for comparisons sake (I mean that IS kinda the point of the shootout).

Back