PRS SE Zach Myers and Sweetwater issues

Tedder

Unprofessional
Hi gang,

Apparently the new shipment of ZM's has the same finish issues that the last one had that I returned to Sweetwater. They are saying that the next shipment will now be in mid July. They have suggested I pick something like a Fender Thin Line or Taylor T3 if I want a semihollow electric. WTF? I don't want anything else. I'm starting to think I should just cancel the order and give up. Since I don't even have a bad guitar in my hands would a call to PRS even be helpful? I'd love to get some advice. I'm so frustrated right now.

Thanks fellas

"Apparently"?

I don't believe that every guitar in that container shipment has faults....

They told me they would send me some pics of the better looking guitars so I could pick one, then they said they cherry picked one just for me instead and now they are telling me the other ones are spoken for and the one they cherry picked has the same finish issues.

If that's true then it's a shame but I still don't believe that the entire shipment has problems...

OK I'm taking a Tremonti SE custom with a quilt veneer instead. It gets me most of what I wanted from the ZM and the trem which I lack in my arsenal. I'll wait a while before trying to the ZM again.

How are these getting my QC still?
I guess I lucked out getting a 2013 model.

You know, mine is indeed a 2013 as well (starts with an "N") so maybe these were all the same initial run?

It sucks about these issues. I am, however, stoked about some of the custom colors from Brian's and Sweetwater et al. Hopefully the production issues will be addressed by then.

I think a majority of the ZM's are just fine. It's Sweetwater that failed to take care of me on the second shipment. Most everyone has a good ZM but there are some less than stellar ones getting through.

Bummer Tedder.

At this point you may as well hold out an' wait for Brian G's special shipment... Plus he's an awesome dude that will totally take care of you.

Yeah from Sweetwater. The thing is that I have a credit line with them with no interest and I'm selling a couple of pieces of gear to cover the cost otherwise I would wait and order a Brian G special. Right now I have to deal with $100k+ in medical bills that I just earned by not having insurance so gear purchasing will be on hold after this for a while. I really wanted the ZM because of the hollow body and the 4 knob layout. Instead I'm still getting the 4 knob layout and a trem which I don't currently have on my other guitars.

This will keep me happy for a while and fill teh gap I was trying to address.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEMTQTS/snN31573

How are these getting my QC still?
I guess I lucked out getting a 2013 model.

Part of me now I am even more happy to change my ZM order to the S58, even though it's a limited edition that I pre-ordered.

I really did enjoy playing the ZM when I had it before shipping it back. It's too bad because I really liked it a lot. But I have a singlecut now but with the 2 knob layout and pup selector down low so the Tremonti SE Custom gets me the layout I really wanted. Someday I'll grab a ZM again.

Ted, I bet you like the Tremonti.
I have a 2012 and I like it better than the ZM due to its wide/thin neck which I prefer over the ZMs wide/fat one.

Ted, I bet you like the Tremonti.
I have a 2012 and I like it better than the ZM due to its wide/thin neck which I prefer over the ZMs wide/fat one.

I am used to thin necks and that was the one thing I knew I'd have to adjust to with the ZM. I got a few days with it and was getting there but I am excited to play this one. It's has the same SE245 pups in it so it should sounds pretty similar. Plus this one has a pretty quilted top on it. ;)

Good move!

Next time, maybe you can deal with one of the better dealers that participate here.

I will say that I've never had an issue with Sweetwater and it's where my Mira came from.

Back