PRS SE Tremonti "S" Pickups

Alun

Hi,

I recently purchased the most awesome SE Custom Tremonti with spalted maple top. I love the pickups in this guitar which are the Tremonti "S" pickups. I am now officially converted back to passive pickups, having used actives in some of my other guitars for about 10 years.

What I'd like to know is, does anyone know if PRS will be making these pickups available for sale as I'd like to start replacing the actives in my other guitars. If not, is there another pickup that sounds similar to the "S". I don't know how this compares with the Tremonti treble/bass pickups or even the \m/ pickup?

many thanks,
Alun

You can buy the USA pickups; PRS doesn't seem to sell the import ones directly (also known as G&B, the Korean maker).

One thing to do is look for used ones on Reverb/eBay. A lot of people upgrade the stock pickups on SEs (no judgement from me). I'm not seeing a ton right now, but maybe set a notification?

You can buy the USA pickups; PRS doesn't seem to sell the import ones directly (also known as G&B, the Korean maker).

One thing to do is look for used ones on Reverb/eBay. A lot of people upgrade the stock pickups on SEs (no judgement from me). I'm not seeing a ton right now, but maybe set a notification?

+1, as time goes on you'll likely start to see a lot of these hit eBay/Reverb as people pull them out of their guitars. And they usually go for very decent prices, being "just import" pickups. I actually think the more recent SE and S2 pickups have been excellent. I love the SE245 set, very balanced mid output pickups. Haven't had a chance to try the Tremonti S pickups yet.

love my se tremonti custom
dont be surprised if the se line makes a large influx into the guitar market.
really high quality and realistic price. ill call it 70 s pricing,

Hi,

I recently purchased the most awesome SE Custom Tremonti with spalted maple top. I love the pickups in this guitar which are the Tremonti "S" pickups. I am now officially converted back to passive pickups, having used actives in some of my other guitars for about 10 years.

What I'd like to know is, does anyone know if PRS will be making these pickups available for sale as I'd like to start replacing the actives in my other guitars. If not, is there another pickup that sounds similar to the "S". I don't know how this compares with the Tremonti treble/bass pickups or even the \m/ pickup?

many thanks,
Alun
I am considering selling these pickups off of my brand new 2017 Tremonti SE. Let me know if you are still interested.

Back