Prs se trem help

Brandon117

So I recently had PRS metal pickups installed on my se Navarro and the nut slots widened to fit 10-52 gauge strings. Sounds and plays great but I think the tech that did it added an extra spring to the trem claw. It has 4 springs in it now and it is significantly more resistant when I use the trem. I also noticed a ringing sound coming from the spring when I strike chords sometimes. So is it safe to remove a spring? Which spring should I remove?

Not sure on the Navarro, but my SE CU24 has 4 springs. I think that's normal. The resistance is likely due to the heavier strings. The ringing sound can be controlled by stuffing tissue or cotton or any sound deadening material into or around the springs. Just don't put anything that would affect their action/reaction. I shaped some Styrofoam into mine. Others have come up with similar tricks.

Not sure on the Navarro, but my SE CU24 has 4 springs. I think that's normal. The resistance is likely due to the heavier strings. The ringing sound can be controlled by stuffing tissue or cotton or any sound deadening material into or around the springs. Just don't put anything that would affect their action/reaction. I shaped some Styrofoam into mine. Others have come up with similar tricks.

Okay thanks. I know the tech adjusted the trem claw because when I tuned to standard the bridge was not level with the body so I adjusted the trem claw to fix that. But I never had this ringing issue until he made the modifications. I might just ask him. I was just wondering if 4 springs in the trem claw was standard in all se custom 24s.

Back