PRS SE standard

tonytester

PIC YOUR STRINGS WISELY
I just noticed these available to order at a music store near me. a couple SE models for about 1/2 the price of the regulars called SE STANDARD. Does anyone know the specs on them, are they made in korea. has anyone tried one.
What should we expect.
No disrespect , but I'm a little confused. I can understand the student model. is this a pre school model .
I know I'm old school but I believe that if a person builds a superior product he should set a profitable price and hold his ground.

The SE Standards were build in Indonesia. That isn't meant to be a knock on them. They are fine guitars. Just an attempt to lower the entry level price tag. Same parts as the Korean version. Whether it is because they didn't have the fancy maple veneer or the stigma of being built in a cheaper location, they were discontinued. If I was in the entry level market I'd buy one without hesitation.

Play them, and see what you think. They`re all mahogany, so they`ll sound different than the Korean ones. They use Indonesian hardware, so they`ll feel a little different as well. Mabea from the band Dorje owns one, and has recorded with it quite a lot.

Back