PRS SE Standard Range Review - Incredible value from PRS

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
New one up from Chappers.
They must have done this a while back since Rob is in South Korea this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll watch this when I get home tonight, I've been interested to see and hear what this new budget version is like. Always enjoy the Anderton's videos too.

I am only into it 4 minutes, but Lee says these are made in Indonesia?
This cannot be right, as SEs are built at WMI in South Korea, and Rob should know that too since his new line is built at WMI too.

I read that this cheaper Standard SE range is made in Indonesia, helps lower the cost.

Last edited:
That is news to me.
The SE 245 did have lots of sustain as Rob notes in the video, but I will stick with the WMI made SEs and Maryland made guitars.

You know, Indonesia is really coming up for good quality budget guitars. There are a lot of companies starting making guitars there and Ibanez has been making guitars there for years and they're new-ish now Premium is made there by people trained by workers from the Fujigen factory in Japan. I wouldn't have a problem buying one of those.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/prs-unveils-entry-level-se-standard-guitars-611105/

"Likewise, Carlos Santana fans will be wooed with two new models: the Santana Standard, featuring - like the other guitars in the range - a solid mahogany body and neck, with a 24.5-inch scale length in this case, a Wide Fat neck profile and PRS-designed Santana treble and bass pickups. Also new is the Woodstock-evoking Santana Standard Special, with a brace of PRS-designed P-90 pickups. Both Santana Standards are fitted with a PRS-designed vibrato and will be available in Antique White, Faded Tortoise, and Vintage Cherry colour options."

Looks like more than just the Standards, Tremonti and 245 in this new standard range. I hope these Indonesian produced models don't impact on the output of new Korean built models, or result in wide spread discontinuations of them.

What's the price going to be here in the States? If it's 399 across the big pond. Are they going to be available here? They're on the PRS Europe website but not the main website.

Last edited:
What's the price going to be here in the States? If it's 399 across the big pond. Are they going to be available here? They're on the PRS Europe website but not the main website.

No plans have been announced to bring them to the states yet. I know Andertons will ship to the states, you just have to pay the import tax...

No plans have been announced to bring them to the states yet. I know Andertons will ship to the states, you just have to pay the import tax...

Import duty, plus the conversion rate, plus shipping, plus a 3% foreign transaction fee depending on your credit card, for "entry-level". No thanks.

Potentially nice guitars though, so long as they can keep the build quality up and the price down.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/prs-unveils-entry-level-se-standard-guitars-611105/

"Likewise, Carlos Santana fans will be wooed with two new models: the Santana Standard, featuring - like the other guitars in the range - a solid mahogany body and neck, with a 24.5-inch scale length in this case, a Wide Fat neck profile and PRS-designed Santana treble and bass pickups. Also new is the Woodstock-evoking Santana Standard Special, with a brace of PRS-designed P-90 pickups. Both Santana Standards are fitted with a PRS-designed vibrato and will be available in Antique White, Faded Tortoise, and Vintage Cherry colour options."

Looks like more than just the Standards, Tremonti and 245 in this new standard range. I hope these Indonesian produced models don't impact on the output of new Korean built models, or result in wide spread discontinuations of them.

Dude! A Soapy Santana SE?!?! I'm in!

I think one of the Standard 22's will have to be coming my way. Waited a long time for a 22 fret SE Custom with a bevel, stoptail, and toggle. They all sound really d@mn good.

You know, Indonesia is really coming up for good quality budget guitars.

This is very true. The Squier Vintage Modified range are made in Indonesia and they are amazing quality for the price. The Vintage Modified Jaguar costs just over £250 and it's crazy what you get for your money, it's a really nice playing, great sounding guitar.

Back