PRS SE Standard or SE Custom? Which is more value for money?

SE Standard or SE Custom?

• Total voters
Some of the newer SE customs are also being made in Indonesia, albeit at a different factory as the Standards. Both are excellent instruments, though. I kind of dig the plain solid Mahogany on the standards.

I didn't vote because, while I haven't tried out either, the fact that (as I understand it, at least) the standard is all mahogany and the custom has a maple cap, you'll get a different tone from each, so it really depends what you're after. I'm a bit fonder of maple caps for their brightness and snappiness, personally, but I also have mahogany guitars that, while different, still sound great, especially for the style of music I got them for.

My Korean made Zach Myers is one of the best things I ever bought, period. I cannot recommend it enough. Korean made craftsmanship from my experience, simply can't be beaten.

Same for my SE ZM, killer guitar. And the SE Tremonti, equally awesome, with great whammy action to boot. Both Korean.

I'll find out soon, how well the SE Paul's guitar is made, it is Indonesian. I expect it to be as good....

Back