PRS SE Standard or SE Custom? Which is more value for money?

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by AncientCandy, Feb 19, 2017.

?

SE Standard or SE Custom?

1. Fine to go with SE Standard

77.3%
  2. AVOID SE STANDARDS, go with SE Custom

22.7%
  1. pauloqs

pauloqs PRS McCarty

Some of the newer SE customs are also being made in Indonesia, albeit at a different factory as the Standards. Both are excellent instruments, though. I kind of dig the plain solid Mahogany on the standards.

2. Beery Swine

Beery Swine New Member

I didn't vote because, while I haven't tried out either, the fact that (as I understand it, at least) the standard is all mahogany and the custom has a maple cap, you'll get a different tone from each, so it really depends what you're after. I'm a bit fonder of maple caps for their brightness and snappiness, personally, but I also have mahogany guitars that, while different, still sound great, especially for the style of music I got them for.

swazifiction likes this.
  3. Sam Z

Sam Z New Member

My Korean made Zach Myers is one of the best things I ever bought, period. I cannot recommend it enough. Korean made craftsmanship from my experience, simply can't be beaten.

shimmilou likes this.
  4. shimmilou

shimmilou Established in 1963

Same for my SE ZM, killer guitar. And the SE Tremonti, equally awesome, with great whammy action to boot. Both Korean.

I'll find out soon, how well the SE Paul's guitar is made, it is Indonesian. I expect it to be as good....