PRS SE Standard 24

Ed Migliaccio

PRS SE Standard 24
As It turns out, qualities I liked about my other guitars over the years were present in the PRS 24. I put a warmoth vintage modern neck on my Tele. (feels a LOT like PRS's wide thin neck). My first was a Strat that played fine, but doesn't come close to the fit & finish, playability and design of the PRS. Don't get me wrong, the Strat was the bees knees when it first came out, but Paul's design is an improvement in every way. I also like the fact that it's not imitating another guitar. A PRS sounds like a PRS. Excellent choice to keep beginners from getting frustrated with their instrument. It also plays better than some $2000 guitars I've played. They're going to sell a LOT of these.
20150627_121050.jpg
20150627_121002.jpg
20150627_121321%2525281%252529.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations and welcome Ed! I just picked up a platinum one myself a few weeks ago, and I agree - with this quality level, at these street prices, they are going to sell atomic s*** tons of them!

If GC sells them at the same discount you can get the regular SE's I intend to buy about a dozen of them. (And put gibson burstbuckers in each and every one.

If GC sells them at the same discount you can get the regular SE's I intend to buy about a dozen of them. (And put gibson burstbuckers in each and every one.

GC discounts their SE's? Hmmmmm....
I got mine from Musician's Friend with a %20 off code. A PRS for $399? No brainer. Just makes me want another!

Last edited:
Congratulations and welcome Ed! I just picked up a platinum one myself a few weeks ago, and I agree - with this quality level, at these street prices, they are going to sell atomic s*** tons of them!
Yup. At the same price point as a MIM Fender, this is the way to go. PRS has just raised the bar.

I got my SE Santana for $384 and my SE 245 for $485 at GC towards the end of the cycle. Hopefully I can get a standard for sub $400.

Thanks. I should have picked up a PRS years ago. If the se's play this well, I couldn't imagine what Paul's Guitar plays like. Nice collection.

Thanks, Ed. Heh, heh, my Paul's IS mahogany-bodied, but that was one of a limited run and is my avatar. What kills me is the realization that I've grabbed 4 in less than a year! The GAS is killin' me. You have been warned.....

And at those prices, you better have a lot of room, just sayin'.

Last edited:
I'm glad these are delivering the goods. I was nervous about them coming out of a different factory.

Same here. But now I see I'm gassing for the SE Standard 245, might be a good replacement for my Epi 1960 v3, which is good, but I haven't played it much since I got my other 2 PRSs. I'd get this SE 245 and put some cool pickups in it, I have the SE HFS/Vintage in my Clint Lowery, and they're pretty good, I'd just want something different. Been thinking of a set of SD Sentient (neck) and Nazgul bridge.

I also like the wide fat neck on my CL, so I imagine I'd like it on the 245 too.

I'm glad these are delivering the goods. I was nervous about them coming out of a different factory.
I have an Indonesian Telecaster Deluxe as well. Not bad at all. The finish and neck are great. Pickups are so so. Can't complain about the indonesian factories. Especially the PRS's.

Is the beveled tops on the SE Standards the same as the S2, or are the S2 more pronounced? I know they're asymmetrical, which I think the SE's are not, or not as much at least, just sort of want confirmation of this.

My SE is not asymmetrical, but of course the S2 Vela is, and looks more asymmetrical than the regular S2's but probably is not.

Back