PRS SE Singlecut McCarty 594 Electric Guitar

charvel1975

Guitarist of Elliot Twist
So I had ordered this from Musician's Friend last year and it was back ordered and then just got a cancellation notice email from them today!? WTH?! Researching that new PRS SE Singlecut McCarty 594 Electric Guitar that just came out and I might just get one of those instead??

So, here's my answer if you are considering the SE MCCarty.....trust me, this is perfectly sound advice...

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT....*gasping*....do...it...

All seriousness...I will never tell you not to buy and LTD, they make great axes and play really well. The PRS SE MCCarty is something I've been waiting for for years and I just found out today they were a thing! I am over the moon. If you have never considered an SE guitar before, I can vouch for em. I have four SE guitars, and all of them are ace. You will not be disappointed. It looks like the McCarty SE also has the same bridge/tailpiece used on core McCarty axes if I'm not mistaken.

The only thing is...they are stoptails. If you want a trem, this wont cut it. Consider the kind of music you like to play and if the lack of a trem is a dealbreaker. You may want to go for a Floyd equipped SE instead.

So, here's my answer if you are considering the SE MCCarty.....trust me, this is perfectly sound advice...

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT....*gasping*....do...it...

All seriousness...I will never tell you not to buy and LTD, they make great axes and play really well. The PRS SE MCCarty is something I've been waiting for for years and I just found out today they were a thing! I am over the moon. If you have never considered an SE guitar before, I can vouch for em. I have four SE guitars, and all of them are ace. You will not be disappointed. It looks like the McCarty SE also has the same bridge/tailpiece used on core McCarty axes if I'm not mistaken.

The only thing is...they are stoptails. If you want a trem, this wont cut it. Consider the kind of music you like to play and if the lack of a trem is a dealbreaker. You may want to go for a Floyd equipped SE instead.

Hello @Draconomics I already have a 2021 PRS SE Custom 24 Faded Blue Burst that has been my main live guitar and it's all stock except the PRS SE locking tuners I had installed and it's been great!! Does go out of tune a little when I have to tune the low E to D for drop D tuning on 1n song in our set but other than that it's been great!!

I had ordered the ESP LTD KH-602 purple sparkle just to have something different, a little more variety, to mix up guitars for live use. The new McCarty's look great and I've retired my old heavy Korean Epiphone Les Paul Custom as that was my main live guitar for years but it's extremely heavy and want to keep the miles off it so when I saw the SE McCarty singlecut something about it just really caught my attention and got to thinking would be a great guitar to have to also use live instead of my Epiphone Does the SE McCarty singlecut, does it have push/pull tone pots for going to single coil?

I play in a 2 guitar Classic rock/hard rock/80's hair metal covers band and don't really use trems a lot.

Hello @Draconomics I already have a 2021 PRS SE Custom 24 Faded Blue Burst that has been my main live guitar and it's all stock except the PRS SE locking tuners I had installed and it's been great!! Does go out of tune a little when I have to tune the low E to D for drop D tuning on 1n song in our set but other than that it's been great!!

I had ordered the ESP LTD KH-602 purple sparkle just to have something different, a little more variety, to mix up guitars for live use. The new McCarty's look great and I've retired my old heavy Korean Epiphone Les Paul Custom as that was my main live guitar for years but it's extremely heavy and want to keep the miles off it so when I saw the SE McCarty singlecut something about it just really caught my attention and got to thinking would be a great guitar to have to also use live instead of my Epiphone Does the SE McCarty singlecut, does it have push/pull tone pots for going to single coil?

I play in a 2 guitar Classic rock/hard rock/80's hair metal covers band and don't really use trems a lot.
Nice, those SE Custom 24's are great! A trem equipped guitar like that will always go slightly out of tune when you tune from standard to drop D. The D-Tuna I think is only for Floyds.

The SE McCarty does have push/pull pots. I also like the color selection (the blue burst looks ace), and also seems to have the same shallow violin carve that the Paul's SE has, plus the pattern vintage neck profile, so a little fatter neck, I believe...63/64" at the 12th fret? I've often said the McCarty concept is like a perfected Les Paul design, so definitely gonna feel like a bit of an upgrade to your Epi. Not sure about average weight, but I'm gonna guess the Singlecut will be in the 8lb range. I think it'll be a great fit for you.

Back