PRS SE Pickup Screws

SteveK2112

Hell all. Looking for some help. I bought a used set of PRS SE humbuckers. The laid around for awhile and I finally made use of them. However, they didn't come with screws and the screws for the previous pickups didn't fit. I found some at the hardware store that just barely worked. They just barely fit, and they are too short to properly adjust the height.

Does anyone know where to pick up some pickup screws? Or what size they are? Worst case scenario is the pups have proven replacement has value and I get a new set. I'd really like to keep them in, with a proper setup.
Thanks!

Hell all. Looking for some help. I bought a used set of PRS SE humbuckers. The laid around for awhile and I finally made use of them. However, they didn't come with screws and the screws for the previous pickups didn't fit. I found some at the hardware store that just barely worked. They just barely fit, and they are too short to properly adjust the height.

Does anyone know where to pick up some pickup screws? Or what size they are? Worst case scenario is the pups have proven replacement has value and I get a new set. I'd really like to keep them in, with a proper setup.
Thanks!

I think they are....3mm? Im going on memory, but I get pickup screws from places like stewmac or Philly Luthier Supply. They should be about 1.25" or so to give yourself ample adjustment room.

I think they are....3mm? Im going on memory, but I get pickup screws from places like stewmac or Philly Luthier Supply. They should be about 1.25" or so to give yourself ample adjustment room.
Hi Draconimics. Thank you for replying. I really need the thread size. 1-1/4 length sounds about right. The ones I found were certainly under 1" and too short.

Not sure exactly which screws you're after, but stewmac.com has a wide assortment. Your SE will have metric ones. Here's a link: https://www.stewmac.com/electronics/pickups/pickup-parts/humbucker-pickup-parts/polepiece-screw.html
Hi Jim thanks for replying. The link you gave me is for pole pieces. I need the height adjustment screws. I am checking stewmac and others but the problem is I don't know what size either. Thread size that is. Metric is a good start, thanks!

You could take one of your pickups to a local hardware store and test fit. I've had good luck sourcing stuff like that at my local Ace hardware.

^^^ This ^^^

It is more cost effective to go to the hardware store with parts in hand, than it is to buy something online and have to pay shipping, tax, and name brand pricing only to find out its the wrong thing.

Is there really a difference in the gauge of pickup heights screws? I assumed they were all the same. You’re better off buying longer ones and trimming them down if needed. Super easy to do since they are thin. Now do you want black, gold, nickel, etc is the question. As others have said ordering online is not cost effective at all. John mann’s website and Philly luthier are good sites for stuff.

Is there really a difference in the gauge of pickup heights screws? I assumed they were all the same. You’re better off buying longer ones and trimming them down if needed. Super easy to do since they are thin. Now do you want black, gold, nickel, etc is the question. As others have said ordering online is not cost effective at all. John mann’s website and Philly luthier are good sites for stuff.
Yep....that's the problem. Having trouble finding LOGER screws. The screws that came with the guitar I put the PRS pups in...are too short. I can;t adjust the pups where they need to be.

I have one more local option.....wish me luck!

I got a pack off Amazon. They weren't much. If you don't know the size there is a gauge at ACE to tell you.

Back