PRS SE Paul's Guitar - Off sound High E and resonating Low E when plucking B String

tdibratt

Hi folks, I recently acquired this beautiful PRS Guitar in Blue Burst. Very happy with it except for the following.

1. When I pluck the High E string I get this really odd pinging high pitch.
2. When I pluck the B string, it causes the Low E string to resonate. I can hear it come through and makes the sound off. I can pluck the B, mute the B and the Low E continues to resonate through. If I then mute the Low E, the guitar goes silent. Seems to be just with the B string that causes the Low E to ring out.

This happens even while not plugged in.

Any ideas? Guitar is brand new and less than a month old.

Thanks

Yes. It’s probably the tremolo springs. I just put some tape on mine to absorb the friction and it stopped. You can put sponges in them or just look on you tube for ideas. Is your guitar an SE?

Yes. It’s probably the tremolo springs. I just put some tape on mine to absorb the friction and it stopped. You can put sponges in them or just look on you tube for ideas. Is your guitar an SE?
Paul's guitar is hard tail and it also says SE in the title.

The high E string noise might be a saddle issue or the string itself might be bad. I wonder if the B string issue might be resonance through the neck and body causing the E string to oscillate. Does it change if you fret the B string?

So in fact plucking the open B or High E causes low E to resonate. It’s worse with the B. If I fret the B or High E it seems the low E is fine.

Back