PRS SE Paul's Guitar Gut Shot

Double check the values (my eyes aren't great), but it looks like a 820K ohm resistor (Gray, Red, Yellow), a 180 pF bleed cap (181 ceramic), and a .033 micro F tone cap (2A333J film), and audio taper 500 K pots.

49167507362_4422c04f6b_o.jpg

Thanks shimmilou. I think this is spot on. You can send to PRS so they can post the "correct" wiring. If I may add one thing: the red cable you added going from 3-way switch to volume pot has a shield that needs to be soldered to the pot's casing (just like the gray wire is)

Double check the values (my eyes aren't great), but it looks like a 820K ohm resistor (Gray, Red, Yellow), a 180 pF bleed cap (181 ceramic), and a .033 micro F tone cap (2A333J film), and audio taper 500 K pots.

49167507362_4422c04f6b_o.jpg
Very interesting. Thanks! I’m hazarding a guess that the resistor could be a different value with any given pickup to achieve their reference output?

My control cavity seems like a bad job, and the guitar seems like to have a grounding issue.

I wouldn't worry about that little bit of shielding paint being off, won't hurt anything. Is it noisy?

Any reason they don't publish schematics or give any when asked?

Shimmilou, that wiring work is very impressive. That's on my wish list now, but not sure I have the requisite skills. I'm itching to give it a go though!

lol! And they're tiny too! It's not too bad, a good drawing can be of help.

48112283283_2479eb98d6_o.jpg
Hello guys, I need some help and advice to install the PRS 59/09 pickups to my guitar.

My guitar is the 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24. The switching is the same as SE Paul's Guitar.

PRS 59/09 pickup has 3 wire (Red, White, and Black) plus one braided wire (I don't know what is this?). I do some research and found that for neck pickup white is hot, black is ground and red is for coil split; for bridge pickup black is hot, white is ground, and red is for coil split. It doesn't mention the braided wire but it says the braided shield must be grounded in all wiring procedures.

Can you help me what wiring should I do for 59/09 pickups to my guitar? I plan to use mini toggle switch to split the coil as before.

Thank you for your response!

Thanks for the info. I have a new SE Paul's guitar and I'm having some intermittent noise. I can not reproduce it 100% of the time but it's there for sure (even happened once playing in stage). Also in two occasions when volume was at max I noticed my tone pot was not changing anything in the sound when moving it from min to max. After moving volume/switches randomly it started working again. Weird. I will follow your pictures/schematics and check all the ground connections before contacting dealer which is in another country.
Can anybody confirm the wiring schematics for Paul's guitar at PRS website (they don't have one for SE model) don't match the Paul's guitar SE model?

Thanks

I've had similar issues on guitars where the pot lugs were coming into contact with the walls of the control cavity, or with another pot. Solved it by tightening the nut/washer on the pot so it stays in place... you might try that.

Hello guys, I need some help and advice to install the PRS 59/09 pickups to my guitar.

My guitar is the 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24. The switching is the same as SE Paul's Guitar.

PRS 59/09 pickup has 3 wire (Red, White, and Black) plus one braided wire (I don't know what is this?). I do some research and found that for neck pickup white is hot, black is ground and red is for coil split; for bridge pickup black is hot, white is ground, and red is for coil split. It doesn't mention the braided wire but it says the braided shield must be grounded in all wiring procedures.

Can you help me what wiring should I do for 59/09 pickups to my guitar? I plan to use mini toggle switch to split the coil as before.

Thank you for your response!

From your description, those pups have no split, they have a tap wire (Red). You can achieve single coil mode with those pups by grounding the red wire, using a push-pull or mini toggle.

I opened up my SE PG to install a Treble Bleed yesterday and saw one already in there, then googled it and saw this post that I had read and forgotten about 4 months before I got my Se PG!!

Very nice, I understand the hoopla in this thread a little better. Thanks Shimmilou!

Back