PRS SE Paul’s Guitar!

MichaelC24

Sucker for Squabbins
Just came across these beauties available for pre-order. Aqua, fire red & amber. TCI “S” pickups, and a Carved figured maple top?!? VERY INTERESTED......

qcZkgTd.jpg

NkHm2m5.jpg

nV1RV5s.jpg

From PRS:

“The SE Paul’s Guitar is a great example of design, engineering, and teamwork. It’s as close to home as we could get inside of the SE Series, and I am very proud of it,” Paul Reed Smith.

The SE Paul’s Guitar delivers a lot of “PRS,” starting with tone and versatility. The TCI “S” treble and bass pickups deliver a very pure, vintage sound. The SE Paul’s Guitar also features two mini-toggle switches between the volume and tone knobs. This setup allows players to put either or both pickups in true single coil mode, which delivers the clarity and uniqueness of vintage single-coil tones in
both single coil and humbucking positions. This is the first model to offer this style of electronics outside of the Private Stock and Core lines.

“The Paul’s Guitar, like the Modern Eagle before it, has always been about Paul’s latest discoveries in guitar making. To bring this guitar into the SE Series, we knew the tone, functionality, and playability had to be right and had to be consistent,” said Jack Higginbotham, COO, PRS Guitars. “We feel this guitar offers a lot of value to players.”

Top Wood: Carved Figured Maple
Back Wood: Mahogany

Number of Frets: 22
Scale Length: 25”
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
Neck Shape: Wide Fat
Fretboard Inlays: Birds

Bridge: PRS Stoptail with Brass Inserts
Tuners: PRS-Designed Tuners
Hardware Type: Nickel
Treble Pickup: TCI “S” Treble
Bass Pickup: TCI “S” Bass
Controls: Volume and Tone Control with 3-Way Toggle Pickup Selector and Two Mini-Toggle Coil-Tap Switches

Included Accessories: PRS High-Quality Gig Bag

$999 street, looks like regular sized humbuckers, but with new pickup. Looks like it might be made in the newer Indonesian Cor-Tek factory.

And brass inserts on the bridge?!?!

Yeah, there’s a vertical brass rod swaged into each string position that the string goes over on its way from the wrap tailpiece to up the neck, etc.

I can’t hear any difference from my other McCarty wrap tailpieces and my Paul’s Guitar, but everything adds a nuance of some kind I s’pose.

To me they just belong on an outdated design attributed to a heavy guitar with a baseball neck and breakaway headstock ;)

This gonna sound weird coming from a guy that willingly puts an extra two pounds of winged tuners on most of his guitars but, I think there may be some benefits to having those light suckers on a headstock.

Very cool!! The pickups appear as narrow as the 408N’s, but shorter in length. That makes it look more like a regular pickup aspect wise.

For all the times I’ve shook my head at the “I want an SE version of the (insert sophisticated core model here) guitar” comments... looks like the dreamers won. Well played.

Mahogany neck, double cut body, stoptail, a recipe sorely lacking from the SE catalog for many years, IMO. The individually tapped pickups (TCI no less) are icing.

Back