PRS SE Paul’s Guitar!

I thought the point of the PG was in part the pickups, yeah the rings look cool on this but the pickups are regular size humbuckers?

Well I sure hope my local dealer gets some of these in stock as they ONLY tend to have SE's in stock! This is exactly the type of guitar I was hoping PRS would put out and I am very interested in this.

Hmm. The pickups in a Paul's Guitar were, to me, the "thing" that made it a Paul's Guitar.

With these seemingly regular-sized HBs (with 408-style rings or not), I'm not sure it is gonna do the name justice.

Still, I look forward to seeing samples out in the wild and hearing tone reports!

Hmm. The pickups in a Paul's Guitar were, to me, the "thing" that made it a Paul's Guitar.

With these seemingly regular-sized HBs (with 408-style rings or not), I'm not sure it is gonna do the name justice.

Still, I look forward to seeing samples out in the wild and hearing tone reports!
G&B (or whoever) might not be set up for non-standard bobbins, so that could affect cost.

Also, SEs are a modder's dream so it keeps that option open.

G&B (or whoever) might not be set up for non-standard bobbins, so that could affect cost.

Also, SEs are a modder's dream so it keeps that option open.

Agreed, and there are some new PG style pickups for sale on Reverb right now.

The big thing from my point of view is the advancements in hardware, and my speculation that these may have “real” shell for the inlays (which is only based on a fuzzy picture) like the new Chinese acoustics appear to have.

Now, I don’t want one of these but, if the pickup rings and bridge wind up in the accessory store...

I think if its 999 street price my S2 Standard 22 Satin was cheaper...cool guitar nonetheless...will have to check one out...

DzomQ8I.jpg

toYBANJ.jpg
Are you a dealer Michael? Is that how you've gotten a pre-order notice?

I'll definitely take one of these, since I heard the TCI pickups, I'm totally sold on them.

I like ‘em on stoptail guitars.

Word. They're lighter and they don't muck up the balance of your guitar.
If your nut is cut properly, there’s no pinging or binding…

Plus, I changed the tuners on a Korina Flying V from Klusons to Grovers years ago and I swear to god, it mucked up the tone. Made it sound more harsh, less sweet. More strident, but not for the better. And then there was the neck dive.

Last edited:
Must of took it down. Saw all three colors for $999.

Man, I’d take one of these for the pickup system, that TCI pickup system has me emailing winders asking about custom pickups for that tone.

I’ve never heard a more perfect coil tap. If I got one, I’d only hope that it sounded as good as the USA model. (I don’t mean tone) but the coil tap, I hope it’s as good.

I hope the nut is finally sorted out too..

Last edited:
Is that Santana yellow? I would like to see them do a Black Gold finish in the SE line, that would have been amazing for this guitar!

Back