PRS SE Paul’s Guitar!

Mine is on it's way from Sweetwater too. Here's a pic from my sales rep.
http://imgur.com/ILUaeFH
Rich_Manso

Last edited:
Another video comparing the Core to the SE Paul's Guitar

I must admit that the Core used in this video has a stunning Fretboard - really beautiful grain!!

You can really hear how different they are - not say the SE version is bad but it is tonally different. I know which I prefer and why but I'll let people watch and make up their own minds

Last edited:
Nice one Mozzi. Although the SE sounds awesome, you can really hear much of the reason for the price difference. It's like, awesome compared to superb. The SE really does emulate much of the originals character.

If you notice the pickup heights between the two guitars are unequal. Assuming they designed the pickups to be similar (winding count, magnets) then the height differences are important. As are any pots/caps tolerance range issues. At the end of the day, those guitars could be modded to sound like the other since they are close enough already.

Another video comparing the Core to the SE Paul's Guitar

I must admit that the Core used in this video has a stunning Fretboard - really beautiful grain!!

You can really hear how different they are - not say the SE version is bad but it is tonally different. I know which I prefer and why but I'll let people watch and make up their own minds
Sounds absolutely fantastic!

So now Sweetwater is saying maybe some time next month. I mean come on that’s two months past what I was told in March, and I see red guitars like I want at other dealers

That's hard to take. Sorry for you man. :(

You get to enjoy the anticipation a little while longer though.

Back